Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

War1ok

My Gica atv520e

My 520 e got stuck on the green android screen, did factory reset, and downloaded 4.1 and. 4.2 firmware and reloaded,   After trying several times it always failed to move beyond that screen, now it will not turn on, red light only.   I think it has died,   Unless anyone has a suggestion.    I did follow all the steps and both firmware so we're loaded without errors, so should I be shopping for something new

13 hours ago, War1ok said:

My 520 e got stuck on the green android screen, did factory reset, and downloaded 4.1 and. 4.2 firmware and reloaded,   After trying several times it always failed to move beyond that screen, now it will not turn on, red light only.   I think it has died,   Unless anyone has a suggestion.    I did follow all the steps and both firmware so we're loaded without errors, so should I be shopping for something new

If you have only a red light on your box and no display, then it sounds like you bricked your box.

If your box had 4.2 on it, and you loaded 4.1 Firmware onto it then this would have bricked it.
Is that how you loaded the firmware?

Did a factory reset each time

loaded 4.2 and same issue, green android screen

did it again , no results

then decided to find a 4.1 in case that worked

did factory reset.  

Loaded 4.1 with no errors

same display issue

I may then have tried adding 4.2 on top of 4.1

I did so many factory resets trying to get the original  box to reload 

so if I bricked the box, can I fix  it?

16 hours ago, War1ok said:

Did a factory reset each time

did factory reset.  

same display issue

Every time you load firmware you get the green android robot?

If so, then your box is not bricked.

Now I getDid a factory reset each time

did factory reset.  

same display issue

I formatted the sd card to fat 32 and reloaded the software, did reset and all I get is a red light, so has something gone wrong with the box or do you have any suggestions.   The box is plugged into a power bar with basic surge protection, but we did have a few power outages that came on in an hour, Could one of the power restores spiked the box and damaged it.   It had worked a few day before, then we went to use it and started with boot issues ending with a red light only now.   What is the best type of box and what memory, processor, etc do you suggest.    Is there a difference between boxes for IPv6 vs reg Jodi setup for movies, etc

On 1/31/2017 at 10:27 PM, War1ok said:

I formatted the sd card to fat 32 and reloaded the software, did reset and all I get is a red light, so has something gone wrong with the box or do you have any suggestions.   The box is plugged into a power bar with basic surge protection, but we did have a few power outages that came on in an hour, Could one of the power restores spiked the box and damaged it.   It had worked a few day before, then we went to use it and started with boot issues ending with a red light only now.   What is the best type of box and what memory, processor, etc do you suggest.    Is there a difference between boxes for IPv6 vs reg Jodi setup for movies, etc

If you have a red light only on the box, and get no display on your TV screen.

Then the box must have gotten damaged during your power outage.
There is no easy way to fix this issue on the model you have.

May I know when and where you purchased it from?