Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rowan

New MyGica ATV582

I need to understand what is going on, bought a 585 on Sunday, does not support Showmax, was told the 582 does, went yesterday and exchanged for the 582. Showmax comes pre-installed, whoopee, not so fast, it worked yesterday, tried to watch 5 minutes ago got a message "your device appears to be rooted. Playback has been disabled" the same message I got on the 585. This is frustrating, showmax still claims as of 2 minutes ago the 582 is supported. .......

1 hour ago, Rowan said:

I need to understand what is going on, bought a 585 on Sunday, does not support Showmax, was told the 582 does, went yesterday and exchanged for the 582. Showmax comes pre-installed, whoopee, not so fast, it worked yesterday, tried to watch 5 minutes ago got a message "your device appears to be rooted. Playback has been disabled" the same message I got on the 585. This is frustrating, showmax still claims as of 2 minutes ago the 582 is supported. .......

Our 1800E/582/585/1900AC and our Dual Core models all come rooted.

It is only our newer models the 1900 PRO and 495 PRO that do not come rooted, as some newer streaming apps in North America we found have the same issue as Showmax when it comes to rooted devices.

Is this what you are trying to use?

https://www.showmax.com/eng/welcome/ca

I will push to get a fix for non rooted patch files for the devices you are using, but I would suggest speaking with your seller to have them help you find a solution as well.

Hi Justin

That is correct, I get into menu etc but cant play any movies. The seller I dont think has the knowledge to help as I have taken it too them to check, everything else works except showmax.

7 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Hi Justin

That is correct, I get into menu etc but cant play any movies. The seller I dont think has the knowledge to help as I have taken it too them to check, everything else works except showmax.

Ok well similar issue is happening in other threads from what I have been responding to

I cant have a working unroot patch for all the older models till after Feb 8th, as our team is on Chinese New Years.

Good Evening,

My Husband bought me the MyGica ATV 585 for my birthday and we have the exact same issue "your device is rooted" when trying to play a show on showmax, my husband had a huge fight with showmax to no avail as their support SUCKS ( South African version), is this a MyGica issue or a showmax issue as i am aware that this same issue has been ongoing for a month+ now ? and as stated above " Our 1800E/582/585/1900AC and our Dual Core models all come rooted. " what does it mean?  why is that? or why is it necessary?  have we been fighting with Showmax for nothing all along?  #feelingconfused :(

Thank you

A very desperate Birthday Girl all the way from SA!

On 2/1/2017 at 2:00 PM, Natanya Wait said:

Good Evening,

My Husband bought me the MyGica ATV 585 for my birthday and we have the exact same issue "your device is rooted" when trying to play a show on showmax, my husband had a huge fight with showmax to no avail as their support SUCKS ( South African version), is this a MyGica issue or a showmax issue as i am aware that this same issue has been ongoing for a month+ now ? and as stated above " Our 1800E/582/585/1900AC and our Dual Core models all come rooted. " what does it mean?  why is that? or why is it necessary?  have we been fighting with Showmax for nothing all along?  #feelingconfused :(

Thank you

A very desperate Birthday Girl all the way from SA!

Rooted just allows a user to have full control of their device
This feature is for more advanced users, as the average user does not have any use for needing root access to their device.

The issue is both Showmax's problem and our problem
As showmax  is telling users it should work, when they should really be saying it will be fixed soon.

As I have said in other posts over the last week, we will provide a solution to un-root the models that originally came rooted, so you can start using Showmax properly.
This will take a few weeks though.

I own a 582, and I am a showmax subscriber.. I ran the unroot patch on my device and showmax works fine.

When I inquired with showmax, I was told that their agreements with the content providers does not allow them to stream content to users with rooted devices.

On 2017/02/02 at 10:33 PM, Justin said:

Rooted just allows a user to have full control of their device
This feature is for more advanced users, as the average user does not have any use for needing root access to their device.

The issue is both Showmax's problem and our problem
As showmax  is telling users it should work, when they should really be saying it will be fixed soon.

As I have said in other posts over the last week, we will provide a solution to un-root the models that originally came rooted, so you can start using Showmax properly.
This will take a few weeks though.

Thank you Justin!

Hi Justin, I reset the 582 to factory settings and did not update showmax's software and it works again. Informed showmax that the update is where the problem seems too be. Also set my machine to manual update so it does not do updates automatically

I got the unroot content file to show, clicked on it, it booted my device and was loading with the android loading logo, however after a few minutes it just froze ans stayed stuck there....should i try again?

Hi everybody,

I updated the firmware on my 582 with SYNTECH's unroot update.  Lost ALL sound after that.  Neither Netflix nor Showmax has ANY sound even though both streams now...

I'm attaching the update here for your info.

Can somebody assist, please.

Regards from South Africa.

ATV582.zip

On 3/4/2017 at 6:40 AM, Spore said:

Hi everybody,

I updated the firmware on my 582 with SYNTECH's unroot update.  Lost ALL sound after that.  Neither Netflix nor Showmax has ANY sound even though both streams now...

I'm attaching the update here for your info.

Can somebody assist, please.

Regards from South Africa.

ATV582.zip

I think they renamed it

This is the unroot patch file I received from our team in china

Patch:  https://mega.nz/#!y5lETBTK!obptMK2CV9QhZhrMbCBtbK0CvjWKwAOsdoX04fsvQVQ

On 3/6/2017 at 11:11 AM, Justin said:

I think they renamed it

This is the unroot patch file I received from our team in china

Patch:  https://mega.nz/#!y5lETBTK!obptMK2CV9QhZhrMbCBtbK0CvjWKwAOsdoX04fsvQVQ

I cant find anything on my memory stick. Ive also tried pressing the the 3lined button 10 -30 times as suggested in a previous comment but I still cant get the link or anything else to show up on the screen.

23 hours ago, Kabous said:

I cant find anything on my memory stick. Ive also tried pressing the the 3lined button 10 -30 times as suggested in a previous comment but I still cant get the link or anything else to show up on the screen.

Have you tried an SD card or a different USB stick?