Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Freee

1900 Pro new Firmware

1900 Pro new Firmware

I see as of Jan 31 there is new firmware for the 1900 pro. I've revived the OTA update to fix the problem with it coming out of sleep mode. However, Team Viewer is still a problem. Do I have to wipe the box and update the firmware or will there be a OTA to fix the other issues that the new firmware fixes / adds?

On 2/1/2017 at 11:39 AM, Freee said:

1900 Pro new Firmware

I see as of Jan 31 there is new firmware for the 1900 pro. I've revived the OTA update to fix the problem with it coming out of sleep mode. However, Team Viewer is still a problem. Do I have to wipe the box and update the firmware or will there be a OTA to fix the other issues that the new firmware fixes / adds?

What is the issue with Teamviewer?

We have tested it here on multiple boxes without issues after the Jan 31st Firmware.

There will be a OTA update in a few weeks with a full firmware update.
If there are any issues you have with the Jan 31st update, please share and we can have them fixed and included in our next OTA update in a few weeks.

I have not updated the firmware to the Jan 31st. Just wanted to avoid wiping the box and re-installing everything on a new box if an OTA is coming.   I did find a fix to Teamview viewer. Just install TeamViewer Host and everything works.  Look forward to the OTA unless I get board and decide to backup everything and restore.  

Just now, Freee said:

I have not updated the firmware to the Jan 31st. Just wanted to avoid wiping the box and re-installing everything on a new box if an OTA is coming.   I did find a fix to Teamview viewer. Just install TeamViewer Host and everything works.  Look forward to the OTA unless I get board and decide to backup everything and restore.  

This new update will not factory reset your box.

To fix Teamviewer we just had to add the Quick Support Add on, which you can get from Teamviewer Host.

57 minutes ago, EddyOttawa said:

Hi Justin,

Any plans to upgrade the OS from 5.1 to a newer version?

Thanks

Eddy.

No
As 5.1 is the only available OS version for this chipset.

May I know what features of 6.0 you would want that 5.1 is missing?
Just want to get a better understanding as to why a newer version of Android is needed in this case.

4 minutes ago, EddyOttawa said:

Thanks for your reply Justin.

No specific features. My understanding is that the newer versions are usually more stable and more efficient hence the question.

Not really the case here

Android 5.1 is very stable.

I use 6.0 on 2 phones and do not like it at all, lots of compatibility issues with apps, and both phones reboot about once a day randomly.
I also have very big GPS issues with Android 6.0.

They are 2 different phones as well, so seems to be an Android problem