Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marm

Play From External USB LG DVD Player ATV586

Is there an APP that will play protected DVDs in my LG external  DVD writer/player using the ATV586?  I was amazed that this box will recognise disks in this drive and actually play individual VOBs, mp3s, mp4s, AVIs etc on data disks.  Is there an application that will play the full menus on ripped DVDs or unripped ones?

Many thanks,

Marm

1 hour ago, Marm said:

Is there an APP that will play protected DVDs in my LG external  DVD writer/player using the ATV586?  I was amazed that this box will recognise disks in this drive and actually play individual VOBs, mp3s, mp4s, AVIs etc on data disks.  Is there an application that will play the full menus on ripped DVDs or unripped ones?

Many thanks,

Marm

Try using KODI or VLC.

Both of those should play the files your trying to play from your external USB.

Thanks.

I tried them both initially but neither want to play copyrited disks.  I will try a few more disks.   I am impressed that this box even reads data disks but that is another reason I bought this box as I had read of that your brand is the only Android device with that ability.  I have an enormous collection of data DVDs of mp3, flac, avi, mkv. mk4, and hard drives full of them plus ISO and VOB files.

While I do not intend to keep this box, I will buy a future box from your company because of this feature if your company company comes out with a new stable high end box with the features I am looking for to replace one of my two personel MiniX UIs.   You have nothing yet to meet those needs yet.

Thanks for the prompt response.

Many thanks,

Marm

On 2/2/2017 at 9:38 PM, Marm said:

Thanks.

I tried them both initially but neither want to play copyrited disks.  I will try a few more disks.   I am impressed that this box even reads data disks but that is another reason I bought this box as I had read of that your brand is the only Android device with that ability.  I have an enormous collection of data DVDs of mp3, flac, avi, mkv. mk4, and hard drives full of them plus ISO and VOB files.

While I do not intend to keep this box, I will buy a future box from your company because of this feature if your company company comes out with a new stable high end box with the features I am looking for to replace one of my two personel MiniX UIs.   You have nothing yet to meet those needs yet.

Thanks for the prompt response.

Many thanks,

Marm

Good to hear it worked, let me know about the other stuff you try.

Our 1900 PRO and 495 PRO are same specs, if not better then the Minix U1
If there are specs better then this that you require, then your right we do not have anything right now.

However, we do plan to have 2 new models running the S912 Processor coming out around April or May.

12 hours ago, Marm said:

Nothing on the market yet meets the specs I am looking for in an Aneroid box.  Thanks

What are you looking for in terms of specs?