Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Juca

HDD issues

HDD issues

I have a  HDD 2,5 sata 2 600 Gb attached go my Mygica ATV1900 PRO. 

It works, but when I try to save a large file (about 1 Gb), the file explorer crash after copying some seconds.

The filesysten is NTFS with default cluster size.

I have tried with different file explorer APPs and the result is always the same.

Could you tell me if there is a general issue?

Best regards

Jan

That causes the ATV1900Pro App which is File Manager can give cache as high is 1048MB won't go higher. 

it would be better you use something like Kodi file manager or Xplore app to see if that helps out.

It doesn't work with another file manager. It is a problem of the mygica Android system I think.

My questios is: has anybody the same problem?

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎04 at 1:59 AM, Juca said:

It doesn't work with another file manager. It is a problem of the mygica Android system I think.

My questios is: has anybody the same problem?

I installed 1TB WD as well, but don't know how to access it from my PC, so I can upload my files (including moves that are usually few gigs). I used to have WD media player with build in 1TB drive that I can see from my PC and use a sync program to upload my new files. How I can do this with MyGica?

I found the solution...just copying the files in the "part1" directory and not in the root path of the hdd....it's not make sense but it works!!

Looks like my 1900Pro does not recognise my 1TB Hard Drive.

I installed a 1TB drive into my MyGica 1900Pro but it does not show up anywhere as an available storage space.

I took it out and tested on my Windows10 machine, formatted it - work fine in PC but back into the 1900Pro nothing shows up.

Any ideas? (Maybe Lollipop needs a specific driver to recognize a Hard Drive?)

I havnt done any testing on this because of the nature but why would you format a drive in NTFS for use with android???

That doesn't make any sense.

Format that thing in exFAT.

If its not a microsoft OS dont use NTFS...

Do not confuse exFAT with FAT or FAT 32.

exFAT will handle that drive nicely will handle large files and will work with Android.