Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andre

Kodi 17 - Lollipop requirement

On ‎2017‎/‎07‎/‎09 at 1:03 PM, Johnsonfamily said:

So I've tried installing this update.  

I have the new 5.1 on a usb, following the instructions I found no app on the box that would recognize the update. 

I tried the root method.  It starts the process but errors with message 

E:footer is wrong

E:signature verification failed.  

Install aborted. 

Anybody know what I did wrong? 

I had exactly the same issue. Re-downloaded, still get the E: Signature Verification error no matter what. Even tried a different USB.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You can install it with the "UPGRADE" app

When you select Local Update.
If nothing appears, then press the 3 lined menu button on your remote 10+ times, and the file should appear.

If you still get the same error message when installing, make sure your USB drive is formatted to FAT32

7 hours ago, Justin said:

You can install it with the "UPGRADE" app

When you select Local Update.
If nothing appears, then press the 3 lined menu button on your remote 10+ times, and the file should appear.

If you still get the same error message when installing, make sure your USB drive is formatted to FAT32

Nothing happens when in the upgrade app after pressing the menu button 10+ times.  

As well I have doubled checked the usb. It is in fat32 format.  

Anything else I can try? 

3 hours ago, Johnsonfamily said:

Nothing happens when in the upgrade app after pressing the menu button 10+ times.  

As well I have doubled checked the usb. It is in fat32 format.  

Anything else I can try? 

I did mine after several failed attempts by putting it on a fat32 SD card and then using the upgrade button from the bottom of the device.  atv585 was my model.   Move the rubber from the bottom to be sure you are pushing the button then plug the power cord back in while still holding it..  Then you get recovery mode from there use the remote to install the new flash rom.   Hope that helps ya

On 6/30/2017 at 7:50 PM, InsaneJester said:

He is right that the 585 only supports a max of 1080p.  Why they install a 4k player who knows.   Even the new update comes with a 4k player.   

So can scratch that one off as an issue.  

1:)  Played a few video's off of Plex server it worked good only froze once and it was a short buffer.  Not sure if it was cause the file was being transcode or buffer from the 585.  

2:)  Played a few more file types all 1080p.   mkv, mp4 both with h264 and h265.  No problems running from flash drive.

3:)  Tested Exodus, AceStream, Bob, Maverick TV, YouTube, UK Turk, Netflix,  and Real Movies.  

4:)  Addon's loaded ok and ran.   I only played  3 video's from each for 15 min to test.  FF RW Stop and Pause and Played within all of them.  

Real Movie gave me a few issues with buffering and one video locked up and required a reset to correct.  I have 120Mbs download so it wasn't my speed as a speed test at the time on two different servers gave me both 120 results.   It was more then likely the source website.  

5:)  When I tried to install Plex app from store it wouldn't load for some reason but once I downloaded the apk from the web it installed and worked fine.  I uninstalled it later and then tried to install from store again and this time it took first try.   

6:)  Took the box off of the network cable and went to WiFi.   2.4ghz channel it couldn't keep up with the 1080p videos streaming but the 720 or lower were fine again just a limitation of the box not the firmware.  

7:)  Last note to mention is to explain what I meant by installing the updated firmware by dashboard.   I meant I tried to install the firmware from within the MyGica system.   So I was running Kit Kat I allowed it to load then went to the system update and tried to flash it from the usb flash drive.  It locked up as if it was bricked and wouldn't go past the MyGica logo screen after it restarted.   To fix this I downloaded the Flash backup software off the MyGica support site.  Aka this site lol.  Once I flashed the Kit Kat back on I tried again and again it failed from within the Dashboard.   Again I re-flashed with Kit Kat and then this time put the new flash for lollipop onto the SD card formatted to Fat32.  I unplugged the power from the box and flipped it over and held the Upgrade button with a pin while plugging it back in.  This took me to the recovery screen where I then flashed it to the new lollipop update.  It took the first time.   It does stay on the MyGica screen for a while before finally starting to add the apps and finish setting up but not no 20 min when it was bricked before lol.  After it is updated and setup and you restart again.  It again holds on the MyGica screen for a min or so before loading all the way up.  When you add acestream apk to the box it extends the wait time to nearly 2 min because it now has to load before it finishes loading everything else.  

8:)  Overall from what I have tried everything is running great.  A few hiccups requiring a restart but nothing that really makes me want to go back to the Kit Kat version.  

Everything will always have bugs somewhere but to me this seems overall stable.  

So I'm actually trying this out as we speak, but I keep getting a msg saying footer is wrong (this is step 7 from above while in recovery mode trying to install Lollipop 5.1 from micro SD). Why is this happening?

1 minute ago, EyeShocker said:

So I'm actually trying this out as we speak, but I keep getting a msg saying footer is wrong (this is step 7 from above while in recovery mode trying to install Lollipop 5.1 from micro SD). Why is this happening?

Nevermind, I got it. It is because I did not first extract the file from the zip folder. 

28 minutes ago, EyeShocker said:

Nevermind, I got it. It is because I did not first extract the file from the zip folder. 

Ok good to hear.

4 hours ago, wifi360 said:

Hi, after i did the upgrade it seems Wi-Fi stopped working.  Is there a file i can download? 

Just putting it out there did you enable wifi again and then re enter in your password info.  Depending how you upgraded it can reset your settings.  Another thing I would try is to just start fresh by factory resetting it.   I never had a problem with the wifi and i've done 3 now.  Also as old as the wifi connection is (G not N or AC) its usually better to go wired if you can.  Wired is 10/100 I believe.  But its still better speed then G.