Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mehdihamzeh

plz update mygica atv 586 android 5 for support kodi 17

6 hours ago, mehdihamzeh said:

plz update mygica atv 586 android 5 for support kodi 17

Plzplz

We are not able to do this right now.

19 hours ago, Justin said:

We are not able to do this right now.

Hi Justin,

Would you care to explain why please?   Just so we understand...  is it from a technical perspective?  or just that Mygica will not do it?   I'm curious on this...  as at some point in a near future, it won't become possible to use Kodi 16 anymore unless we're at Android 5 and this will render our machine useless...

Thanks in advance!

J.P.

3 hours ago, sapstar said:

Hi Justin,

Would you care to explain why please?   Just so we understand...  is it from a technical perspective?  or just that Mygica will not do it?   I'm curious on this...  as at some point in a near future, it won't become possible to use Kodi 16 anymore unless we're at Android 5 and this will render our machine useless...

Thanks in advance!

J.P.

We rely on our chipset supplier AmLogic for OS updates to Android

They only offer Android 4.4 for the S805 Chipset that is being used on the ATV 586.
They do have an alpha version of 5.1, but it is very buggy and not stable.  They have told us they will not update this version either.

Also not sure what you mean by it won't become possible to use KODI 16 anymore??
KODI 16 has always worked for Android 4.2+ and will continue to do so.

ahhhhh..    That explains it.  Thank you for replying.   Much appreciated.

Just worried that, "à la Apple", Kodi - and/or the add-ons - will stop supporting their older version or that the add-ons will stop working on version 16.

Again, thanks for the technical explanation!

Just now, sapstar said:

ahhhhh..    That explains it.  Thank you for replying.   Much appreciated.

Just worried that, "à la Apple", Kodi - and/or the add-ons - will stop supporting their older version or that the add-ons will stop working on version 16.

Again, thanks for the technical explanation!

It will be a long time before add ons stop working etc.

It took almost 2 years for this to happen on KODI 14.xx

I am already experiencing problems with Kodi support.  I have been told on Kodi forums when reporting bugs, that I must upgrade to 17.   They are no longer supporting add-ons for Jarvis.   Not to mention, several other apps are moving to 5.o+ versioning.  Playstation Vue for example.   My box isn't even a year old.  One of the reasons why I decided to buy a $$$ box instead of a $ box is because it stated that it supports Andriod updates.  Yet, you are stating this is not the case?   This is a little ridiculous.  There has got to be a way around it.  You guys build out your own versions for all your other devices.  Is there a reason you can't do that here? 

I purchased two MyGica ATV586 from shoppers drug mart just before Christmas and Inhave been trying to install Kodi V.17 Krypton on it and i'm not having any luck at all.  If what I'm understanding from this thread,  MyGica is leaving us high and dry with a useless piece of $&@%.

I have purchased 3 others MyGica android boxes and although not the greatest, they always seemed to do the job.  

We, your faithful patrons deserve better and a resolution to this problem right away!

On 3/13/2017 at 7:45 PM, Haleysoltau said:

I am already experiencing problems with Kodi support.  I have been told on Kodi forums when reporting bugs, that I must upgrade to 17.   They are no longer supporting add-ons for Jarvis.   Not to mention, several other apps are moving to 5.o+ versioning.  Playstation Vue for example.   My box isn't even a year old.  One of the reasons why I decided to buy a $$$ box instead of a $ box is because it stated that it supports Andriod updates.  Yet, you are stating this is not the case?   This is a little ridiculous.  There has got to be a way around it.  You guys build out your own versions for all your other devices.  Is there a reason you can't do that here? 

There are 2 issues in the case of the 586

1. Android 5.1 is a very big resource hog. And we are finding that 1GB of Ram is only leaving about 100mb of ram available even with Zero apps running. So this makes the box very slow to use.

2. It takes about 3-5 months to make the ATSC Tuner work on a newer version of Android.

We will have a solution though to use KODI 17 on Android 4.4 instead, this is much easier to do.

On 3/20/2017 at 6:21 PM, Justin said:

We will have a solution though to use KODI 17 on Android 4.4 instead, this is much easier to do.

I hope that's Kodi-17.1, because 17.0 is a bit of a dog. Any ETA on this??

Hi there, I just got this box for a Xmas gift, only using it now for two months. Box isn't finding any usable streams and for what I read I'm unable to upgrade to Kodi 17 because my box doesn't meet the specs! (4.4). Where is the support, when will you have a fix, I paid a lot of money for this box. My friends have cheap Chinese boxes that continue to work fine after the Kodi 17 upgrade. There has been active posts here for weeks and still no fix! Extremely disappointed!

1 hour ago, Boxer said:

Hi there, I just got this box for a Xmas gift, only using it now for two months. Box isn't finding any usable streams and for what I read I'm unable to upgrade to Kodi 17 because my box doesn't meet the specs! (4.4). Where is the support, when will you have a fix, I paid a lot of money for this box. My friends have cheap Chinese boxes that continue to work fine after the Kodi 17 upgrade. There has been active posts here for weeks and still no fix! Extremely disappointed!

We came out with our own version of KODI 17, can be found here

It will be on the Playstore later this week, and we will update it to 17.1 within 2-3 weeks.

31 minutes ago, Boxer said:

Thanks Justin for the quick response!

What's the link for the upgrade? Your own version of Kodi 17.

The link was posted in my post above yours
Here it is again

4 minutes ago, Boxer said:

Still no link.

I put a link to the post below what I write

Here it is again

1 hour ago, Justin said:

I put a link to the post below what I write

Here it is again

I circled the link

You do not see this?

captured.PNG

26 minutes ago, PoC said:

Justin: The time you took to make that patronizing screenshot could have been used to give a less cryptic, direct link to the app.  

mygicaMediaCenter20170310.apk

Yes sorry about that.

Was also just trying to see if there was an issue with our actual forum.

2 minutes ago, Spkenny2 said:

Kodi Jarvis will very soon be useless. 

As per the message within Kodi update to Krypton. 

IMG_0850.JPG

That is a message from a Third Party website, not Kodi themselves..

17 hours ago, Spkenny2 said:

The source matters not if the information is true. 

Not sure what you mean by this?

Justin,

Please read carefully and provide us with a thorough answer.  Not just a one sentence to evade our questions.  I'm sure it is not intentional, however we need answers.

What we are are ALL trying to tell you is that we are very concerned with the MyGica ATV586 and its restrictions pertaining to the latest Kodi updates.  You indicated in previous post from spkenny2 that "That is a message from a Third Party website, not Kodi themselves".  HOWEVER, we all believe this is the case regardless if the message was sent third party.

Justin, Please provide us with documentation supporting your claims.  We are all very concerned with the workaround allowing Kodi 17 + working on kitkat.    

Justin, you also previously mentioned "

"1 is a very big resource hog. And we are finding that 1GB of Ram is only leaving about 100mb of ram available even with Zero apps running. So this makes the box very slow to use.

2. It takes about 3-5 months to make the ATSC Tuner work on a newer version of Android.

We will have a solution though to use KODI 17 on Android 4.4 instead, this is much easier to do."

This may be easier to do, however, I just purchased the unit in December and we are not able to update the Android OS already.  This is going to cause serious issues in the near future.

I strongly suggest you take a ATV586 box home with you, try it and see the issues we are all having.  The thing locks up on us due to resources maxed out already, At times, running KODI,  the movie sound will play, however no video and the only way to get it working again is a reboot.

The ability to to continually upgrade Kodi & the OS is critical for the new HTTPS protocol used for the now majority of streaming.  What good is an update workaround when we can't utilize the latest HTTPS Protocol for Streaming.

Several points on your website are indicated to your clients that don't seem to be as promised and FALSE.  

This can all be seen on your website and packaging http://mygica.com/Enjoy-TV/ATV586.html

1.   OTA UPDATES states: MyGica Andoid TV Platforms / Solution benefit from MyGica’s worldwide secure online update service,  to always provide the latest, safest and greatest Firmware and Application that are available.

2.  Kodi, formally known as XMBC, is a media player platform that allows users to play and view most videos, music, 
such as podcasts from the Internet, home network and all common digital media files from local and network storage media. 
The ATV586 comes pre-installed customized and optimized Kodi, with hardware decoding up to 4K2K Ultra HD support.

3. logo.jpgMY SMART CHOICE? I don't think it is at all!  I have had nothing except problems and I believe it is up to your company to 1. truly give us what we purchased, not work around with on-going glitchy problems, 2. provide us with a MyGica that provides what was promised or 3. our money back hassle free. 

Don't forget that on the outside of the packaging it states that Bluetooth 4.0 is available with this box. 

That statement is FALSE. 

This device does not support Bluetooth capabilities whatsoever..