Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mehdihamzeh

plz update mygica atv 586 android 5 for support kodi 17

Justin, 
As I mentioned to you in a PM as well as in posts within the forums that I recently purchased this product.
16 days ago to be precise. March 22, 2017. 
I realize now that this device was released approximately 2 years ago. 
I also realize that it is not cost effective to invest an abundance of time and resources in an outdated device. 
I used to work as a temp at Eveready (A battery manufacturing company).
Perhaps your company could exercise a similar practice that they had. 
They send a person about to find expired products or products near their expiry, have them reclaimed, tested, rebranded and resold. 
Perhaps your company could reclaim devices from retailers and reuse or recycle the components BEFORE they become obsolete.
I understand that the ATV 1960 is or soon will be available for about $149USD $199.69CAD
I should have waited for it and applied the $139.88 + tax CAD I spent on this device. 
I WILL be going back to where I purchased this device and seeing if I can get store credit or something because it was purchased FINAL SALE (No Refund) 
I understand why. 

If the retailer that I purchased this from will not compensate me will MyGica compensate me in any way?

I also have had issues with mine but now feel that this product should have been off the shelves if you could not offer what was promised on the box itself...as you guys well know that is why we buy the product....to me this was a big unloading of a useless product that My Gica had no use for anymore so they unloaded it on the public....And you guys seem to not care if we buy another My gica product or not.......well I own it now so I will make the best of it but never will I recommend this product or any other My Gica product again......

I'm seriously thinking about starting a class action lawsuit pro bono so everyone can get there money back plus interest.  if anything the Mygica will recognize they can't false advertise and dump junk as this is to the public!   Not to mention the mass media bad publicity for any products going further.  I can assure a lack of confidence to consumers.

Do I have to uninstall the previous version of Kodi on my 586
before installing the new Kodi 17 fix  by myGica? Thanks

So I installed the new media centre app and now  it's says my library is currently empty. Enter files section and add media source. I'm new to all of this and need some direction from here. Thanks

On 4/10/2017 at 8:13 AM, Boxer said:

Do I have to uninstall the previous version of Kodi on my 586
before installing the new Kodi 17 fix  by myGica? Thanks

You can run both apps the the same time

So you do not have to uninstall your previous version of Kodi.

@Fuse and @kevlar

I have read both your posts, and take them very seriously, and do not want you or anyone else to feel this way about our products.

I had to do some digging to figure out why older models were still being sold as we have not imported 586 and 586 for some time now, and found out a few of our distributors still have inventory.

So in learning about this, I had some long discussions with our team in china over the last few days trying to see what we can do to provide a proper update to Android 5.1 for everyone to use and also an update to our DTV Player which also has issues.

Please be assured that I will not be satisfied if customers feel left high and dry and will work hard to offer some sort of a solution that will be satisfactory to you.

On 2017-04-11 at 1:28 PM, Boxer said:

So I installed the new media centre app and now  it's says my library is currently empty. Enter files section and add media source. I'm new to all of this and need some direction from here. Thanks

Find info, support etc. For Kodi here

https://kodi.tv/

To answer more specific to your question 

http://kodi.wiki/view/First_time_user

If you install applications from elsewhere you do so at your own risk and persons at Kodi will not offer assistance.

Third party apps may violate copyright laws    

Third party apps may contain  malware  

Discussion as to specifics on this subject are not permitted in most forums as is most likely the case with this one.  Truthfully I've not checked. But I'd consider from a legal point of view allowing such conversations would be considered aiding and abetting .

On 4/12/2017 at 4:03 PM, Justin said:

@Fuse and @kevlar

I have read both your posts, and take them very seriously, and do not want you or anyone else to feel this way about our products.

I had to do some digging to figure out why older models were still being sold as we have not imported 586 and 586 for some time now, and found out a few of our distributors still have inventory.

So in learning about this, I had some long discussions with our team in china over the last few days trying to see what we can do to provide a proper update to Android 5.1 for everyone to use and also an update to our DTV Player which also has issues.

Please be assured that I will not be satisfied if customers feel left high and dry and will work hard to offer some sort of a solution that will be satisfactory to you.

Hi Justin

Unfortunately, we do feel as if we have been left High and Dry because it is clear that you have not been listening to us.  We are requesting and OS update.  NOT a Kodi update.  Instead of trying to figure out how to get us what the box promised, like OS updates and Bluetooth, you have been developing your own version of Kodi.

The problems with your version of Kodi include, but are not limited too...
1. No PVR.  That's a big reason why many of us picked this box in the first place.  There are tons of Android TV boxes out there.  But you offer a good tuner.  Yet Kodi without PVR, make that pointless.
2. Separate Install.  We don't want to have a separate install of Kodi.  Having it separate means we have to reconfigure all of our settings, reload all our media, redo any personal metadata changes, reinstall all our add-ons, etc.... You are making us have to start from scratch.  Not wanting to do that is the only reason I'm still talking with you instead of demanding a refund on the basis of false advertising.
3. No updates.  Everything has bugs... Kodi has a whole team fixing bugs and rolling out updates.  You do not. 

In addition to the Kodi issues... Many of us use OTHER apps as well.  Other streaming apps,  games, etc...  I'm already starting to see new games on the new platform only.  So by not providing an OS update, you are limiting everything else I can do on this box as well.  Not just Kodi. 

If you go and read back through all the posts... many of us reached out because we noticed the change in Kodi... but we did not ask you for a new Kodi.  We asked you for the OS update that was promised when we bought the box. 

So Please.... stop trying to give us your modified software, and GIVE US WHAT WE PAID FOR, or give us our money back.  I can give you a copy of the receipt if needed.

5 minutes ago, Haleysoltau said:

Hi Justin

Unfortunately, we do feel as if we have been left High and Dry because it is clear that you have not been listening to us.  We are requesting and OS update.  NOT a Kodi update.  Instead of trying to figure out how to get us what the box promised, like OS updates and Bluetooth, you have been developing your own version of Kodi.

1. No PVR.  That's a big reason why many of us picked this box in the first place.  There are tons of Android TV boxes out there.  But you offer a good tuner.  Yet Kodi without PVR, make that pointless.
2. Separate Install.  We don't want to have a separate install of Kodi.  Having it separate means we have to reconfigure all of our settings, reload all our media, redo any personal metadata changes, reinstall all our add-ons, etc.... You are making us have to start from scratch.  Not wanting to do that is the only reason I'm still talking with you instead of demanding a refund on the basis of false advertising.
3. No updates.  Everything has bugs... Kodi has a whole team fixing bugs and rolling out updates.  You do not. 

In addition to the Kodi issues... Many of us use OTHER apps as well.  Other streaming apps,  games, etc...  I'm already starting to see new games on the new platform only.  So by not providing an OS update, you are limiting everything else I can do on this box as well.  Not just Kodi. 

If you go and read back through all the posts... many of us reached out because we noticed the change in Kodi... but we did not ask you for a new Kodi.  We asked you for the OS update that was promised when we bought the box. 

So Please.... stop trying to give us your modified software, and GIVE US WHAT WE PAID FOR, or give us our money back.  I can give you a copy of the receipt if needed.

Very well said!

At minimum, we should be able to send you the boxes back to you and replaced with an updated model that actually works as promised.  

Instead of a work around that you know will ultimately continue to frustrate your patrons, so what's right and send us updated Mygica's!  

I purchased two just before Christmas, one for my family and one for my in-laws.  to this date I still haven't given it to them because I'm continually having problems with the one I programmed! I look like an idiot and I am so embarrassed. 

39 minutes ago, Haleysoltau said:

Hi Justin

Thanks for the post. I have taken everything in and will see what we can do about the new OS, as it looks like it is needed for other things as well.

In regards to our version of Kodi, we will update it to work with PVR add ons as well.

As for bluetooth, this is a hardware feature.  So we cannot just add this as a feature by software.

2 hours ago, Justin said:

Thanks for the post. I have taken everything in and will see what we can do about the new OS, as it looks like it is needed for other things as well.

In regards to our version of Kodi, we will update it to work with PVR add ons as well.

As for bluetooth, this is a hardware feature.  So we cannot just add this as a feature by software.

Thank you...  Please understand that we are not willing to wait months for this fix.  This is something we, the customers, need expedited.  If it's not something that can be fixed quickly, we expect there to be a reimbursement or a replacement product.

As for Kodi, I wouldn't bother adding in PVR.  We want to use the real Kodi.  Beyond PVR, there are many reasons why your replacement version is not okay.  So please spend any time you would developing PVR, into fixing the OS.

As for Bluetooth, I understand if it's a hardware issue, but your packaging specifies that it's included.  So I would recommend removing it from your packaging so you don't mislead future buyers.  Lying to us right out of the gate is not a good way to make an impression.  For those of us that already paid, I suggest sending us whatever USB piece that is needed to make the Bluetooth work.

1 minute ago, Haleysoltau said:

Thank you...  Please understand that we are not willing to wait months for this fix.  This is something we, the customers, need expedited.  If it's not something that can be fixed quickly, we expect there to be a reimbursement or a replacement product.

As for Kodi, I wouldn't bother adding in PVR.  We want to use the real Kodi.  Beyond PVR, there are many reasons why your replacement version is not okay.  So please spend any time you would developing PVR, into fixing the OS.

As for Bluetooth, I understand if it's a hardware issue, but your packaging specifies that it's included.  So I would recommend removing it from your packaging so you don't mislead future buyers.  Lying to us right out of the gate is not a good way to make an impression.  For those of us that already paid, I suggest sending us whatever USB piece that is needed to make the Bluetooth work.

If we can offer an upgrade to 5.1, of course it will be expedited, there is no point in making people wait months for it.

What other reasons are there with our fork of Kodi 17 not being okay? It is built from the Kodi source code.

As for Bluetooth, there is nothing I can do about this.  We are not capable of making a USB bluetooth work

20 minutes ago, Justin said:

If we can offer an upgrade to 5.1, of course it will be expedited, there is no point in making people wait months for it.

What other reasons are there with our fork of Kodi 17 not being okay? It is built from the Kodi source code.

As for Bluetooth, there is nothing I can do about this.  We are not capable of making a USB bluetooth work

Justin,

I was going to call the ministery of consumer and commercial affairs and make a complaint under the consumer protection act, however i do trust and believe you are trying to make this right. 

With all due respect, we've all waited long enough.  When will you simply replace our units with ones that work as advertised? 

-Kevlar

26 minutes ago, Justin said:

We don't want a work around every time a new version of kodi cooking out.  we should be able to rely completely on the authentic Kodi.  this will become a $hit show in the future with updates. 

52 minutes ago, kevlar said:

We don't want a work around every time a new version of kodi cooking out.  we should be able to rely completely on the authentic Kodi.  this will become a $hit show in the future with updates. 

Exactly!!! 
And we don't want to have to rebuild everything.  I've done a lot of customizing in Kodi as I'm sure many other people have.  When I upgraded on my PC, all my customizations were pulled in.  I didn't have to change any settings, or load Library items.... but with yours, I do.  I have to start completely from scratch which will mean hours of work.

And just for the record... asking us why we don't want your version is kind of rediculous.  We paid for an item to get Kodi, and we are getting a knock off. 
Chinese-Gadget-knock-offs-4.jpg

I would highly suggest no one buy this atv 586 anymore or try to sell it and use the cash towards a newer unit.  

Even if you do by some miracle get android and kodi updated the box will run incorrectly. At minimum stores "should" pull these units off of the shelves and mygica should allow user to return them and get a credit towards an updated box.

That is more than fair.

Justin?

looks like the promises are empty and we are left with junk that doesn't work as promised.  

I purchased two with the expectation based on the advertising that i would be able to update the android os and kodie.  

They won't give us money back nor replace with a model that actually works.

Justin???!

On 4/17/2017 at 11:17 AM, Justin said:

Justin,

Still no response from you regarding an update. please provide us with something favourable.

-Kevin

15 hours ago, kevlar said:

Justin,

Still no response from you regarding an update. please provide us with something favourable.

-Kevin

According to discussions with my team, they will have 17.1 for me next week. But I cannot promise this.

Currently I am testing out Android 5.1 on the ATV 585 + 600 + 586
Still needs some work, and also the TV tuner is deactivated on the 586 in 5.1. Trying to get the TV tuner support to work, but this will be a lot of work.
Soon we hope to offer 2 solutions for MyGica users

1. MyGica Media Center 17.1 -  This can be used on almost any Android 4.4 device
2. Android 5.1 OS upgrade for MyGica ATV 586/585/600 - This will allow users to use the official Kodi 17.1 or SPMC 16.6
This will be a beta only release.  However what I am testing right now works well, just needs some changes done to it.

I hope users will be satisfied with the above 2 options.  As this should fulfill everyone's need

Hi Justin,

That is great news!!

I'm however curious to know if there is a plan to get the tuner to work on Android 5.1 ?

If not will the documented bugs with the DTV apps be fixed on Android kitkat

Thanks

Erudmuc

2 hours ago, Erudmuc said:

Hi Justin,

That is great news!!

I'm however curious to know if there is a plan to get the tuner to work on Android 5.1 ?

If not will the documented bugs with the DTV apps be fixed on Android kitkat

Thanks

Erudmuc

It takes about 3-4 months to configure Android to work with ATSC
As this would be the case with 5.1
So right now I am not even sure what the plan is here for making it work on 5.1

I am pushing hard to get DTV player fixed up on Kitkat though.

Registered and signed on to ask what the F^%$& is wrong with you people?!!!

I've had my 586 since February 2016 and Jarvis just stopped getting watchable feeds last night.  A simple google search brought me here, helped me identify the problem, sideload the MyGica Media Center Fork and I was back in business within a half hour.

Who knows how long it will last, but even if last night had been the end I would have happily purchased an updated box - the ROI from my original $150-ish expenditure is easily a thousand percent from the entertainment we have received relatively hassle-free the last 15+ months.  In a world where a movie ticket is almost 15 bucks, how much do you expect out of this little piece of budget equipment?  Jeez..

For those who bought a antiquated machine recently, I feel your pain but that's not the manufacturer's fault.  Technology is never static, obsolescence is always pending and the consumer needs to take responsibility for his/her own research and purchasing decisions.  The information is available to anyone.  You wouldn't buy an IPhone 4S then blame Apple, would you?

Justin - you're patiently tolerating a lot of vitriol from victim-minded whiners.  You went over and above with the MMC Fork and my family is very appreciative.  Whenever this little box has nothing left to give I will be an enthusiastic MyGica returning customer.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum - Keep the faith!

you either work for them or are nuts!

the problem is updating the android os!   yes i purchase mine late december and have had problems with finding reliable feeds! 

we have had had so many promises that have not been provided.  ROI! funny,  your quantative measurement is skewed when you compare other android boxes we could have purchased and not have these issues. further, mygica false advertised making promises that do not apply to the 586. they are still working on them.

after purchasing several mygica boxes, I will NEVER purchase anything from this company again!

I have referred Wetek to literally hundreds of my friends verbally and through social media to them. 

Othwr than here, I haven't bad talked mygica however that will change!

enjoy your box while you can.