Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mehdihamzeh

plz update mygica atv 586 android 5 for support kodi 17

"you either work for them or are nuts!"

Definitely don't work for them.  Nuts is debatable any given day.

"the problem is updating the android os!"

You bought a machine powered by KitKat.  All operating systems go obsolete (admittedly google does it at a blinding pace).  While it's decent of MyGica to try and put together a workable upgrade, I don't think any manufacturer is obligated to do so, and being slow or unable to doesn't make it a problem.

"yes i purchase mine late december and have had problems with finding reliable feeds! "

Why did you purchase an OS that was already on the way out?  KitKat was already 3 1/2 years old and Kodi 17 had already been anounced.

"we have had had so many promises that have not been provided."

I'm obviously not qualified as to what you may or may not have been promised.  Who exactly did you extract these promises from?

"ROI! funny,  your quantative measurement is skewed when you compare other android boxes we could have purchased and not have these issues. "

Nothing skewed at my end - I paid around $150 for the box and have easily watched at least $1500 worth of entertainment on it since February 2016.  Minimum 1000% return

"further, mygica false advertised making promises that do not apply to the 586. they are still working on them."

Once again, I don't know what you were promised or what wasn't delivered.  For my part, I bought the box for a purpose and it held up its end of the bargain.

"after purchasing several mygica boxes, I will NEVER purchase anything from this company again!"

I'm sure they'll miss you.

"I have referred Wetek to literally hundreds of my friends verbally and through social media to them."

Why wouldn't you just buy one yourself instead of referring them to everyone else?

"Othwr than here, I haven't bad talked mygica however that will change!"

If you say so, although hard to believe since you give Wetek the hard sell.

"enjoy your box while you can. "

I believe I stated that's exactly what I'm doing.  When the day comes I can't anymore it still owes me nothing.  I've received more than fair value.

On 5/12/2017 at 3:20 PM, Justin said:

According to discussions with my team, they will have 17.1 for me next week. But I cannot promise this.

Currently I am testing out Android 5.1 on the ATV 585 + 600 + 586
Still needs some work, and also the TV tuner is deactivated on the 586 in 5.1. Trying to get the TV tuner support to work, but this will be a lot of work.
Soon we hope to offer 2 solutions for MyGica users

1. MyGica Media Center 17.1 -  This can be used on almost any Android 4.4 device
2. Android 5.1 OS upgrade for MyGica ATV 586/585/600 - This will allow users to use the official Kodi 17.1 or SPMC 16.6
This will be a beta only release.  However what I am testing right now works well, just needs some changes done to it.

I hope users will be satisfied with the above 2 options.  As this should fulfill everyone's need

@Justin @kevlar @Haleysoltau

I joined the forums just to sound off on my unhappiness with this box as well. It's been sitting on a shelf for months because it's been pretty much useless. I realize this is an old thread but @Justin, you never followed through with the updates. We are looking for an upgrade to the OS. There are other Lollipop devices out there running on 1 GB RAM just fine. Lollipop was promised for this box, even the MyGica wiki for this box still states that it's going to get updated to Lollipop, but that update never came.

http://wiki.mygica.tv/index.php?title=ATV586

So, are we getting an update to Lollipop as promised, or is MyGica going to replace our useless boxes?

On 5/10/2018 at 11:01 AM, TurboRon said:

@Justin @kevlar @Haleysoltau

I joined the forums just to sound off on my unhappiness with this box as well. It's been sitting on a shelf for months because it's been pretty much useless. I realize this is an old thread but @Justin, you never followed through with the updates. We are looking for an upgrade to the OS. There are other Lollipop devices out there running on 1 GB RAM just fine. Lollipop was promised for this box, even the MyGica wiki for this box still states that it's going to get updated to Lollipop, but that update never came.

http://wiki.mygica.tv/index.php?title=ATV586

So, are we getting an update to Lollipop as promised, or is MyGica going to replace our useless boxes?

As I have mentioned before

You can upgrade the 586 to 5.1 using the 585/600 Files

Just the TV Tuner will not work.

You're correct, there are many other boxes running 5.1 that have 1GB Ram, we have never disputed this
We have only stated we cannot get the TV Tuner to work on the chipset that is being used on the 586.

There is a lot of modifications that go into making an embedded on board TV Tuner work with an OS.
Amlogic only released a Beta version of Android 5.1 for the S805 Chipset and never updated it, and the issue is we cannot get the Tuner to work on it.

Am closing this thread,