Jump to content
Shydz

Updating Kobi

Recommended Posts

Updating Kobi

Hi. I just got my MyGica and busy setting it up. Kodi says V16.1 is available, but when I go to the App Store, it only has V17 and says it's not available for my device. Should I just leave v16 until we find out about v17? Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shydz said:

Updating Kobi

Hi. I just got my MyGica and busy setting it up. Kodi says V16.1 is available, but when I go to the App Store, it only has V17 and says it's not available for my device. Should I just leave v16 until we find out about v17? Thanks 

585 won't work with 17, as 17 only works with Android 5+.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shydz said:

Yes I read so. The question was if I should try to update from 16 to 16.1. Is it worth it? Thanks 

Yes 16.1 is very stable, I would suggest upgrading to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. Now the how :) The google store only shows v17, which it says is not compatible, for obvious reasons.   How do I then update from 16 to 16.1? Sorry for all the questions 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shydz said:

Ok. Now the how :) The google store only shows v17, which it says is not compatible, for obvious reasons.   How do I then update from 16 to 16.1? Sorry for all the questions 

You can install this manually

 

Just move this onto a USB drive, and then install it on your box using the app "APP INSTALLER"

 

kodi-16.1-Jarvis-armeabi-v7a.apk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Shydz said:

Thanks so much for this :) Should I uninstall the current version of Kodi first? 

Not if you are running KODI 16, as it will just install on top.

If you are running KODI 14 or 15, then yes uninstall it before installing 16.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're a star. Thank you. So easy to do and it sorted out my problem of playing my own videos in a small box. Now playing my own videos full screen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shydz said:

You're a star. Thank you. So easy to do and it sorted out my problem of playing my own videos in a small box. Now playing my own videos full screen 

Good to hear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I've done all of the steps, once I tried downloading it's just been stuck at the "installing" phase for over an hour, tested my internet speed and it seems fine, is this a normal issue or did I screw something up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2017 at 6:47 PM, Branden638 said:

Hi, I've done all of the steps, once I tried downloading it's just been stuck at the "installing" phase for over an hour, tested my internet speed and it seems fine, is this a normal issue or did I screw something up?

Try rebooting the box and installing it again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×