Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shydz

Updating Kobi

Updating Kobi

Hi. I just got my MyGica and busy setting it up. Kodi says V16.1 is available, but when I go to the App Store, it only has V17 and says it's not available for my device. Should I just leave v16 until we find out about v17? Thanks 

4 minutes ago, Shydz said:

Updating Kobi

Hi. I just got my MyGica and busy setting it up. Kodi says V16.1 is available, but when I go to the App Store, it only has V17 and says it's not available for my device. Should I just leave v16 until we find out about v17? Thanks 

585 won't work with 17, as 17 only works with Android 5+.

1 minute ago, Shydz said:

Yes I read so. The question was if I should try to update from 16 to 16.1. Is it worth it? Thanks 

Yes 16.1 is very stable, I would suggest upgrading to this.

Ok. Now the how :) The google store only shows v17, which it says is not compatible, for obvious reasons.   How do I then update from 16 to 16.1? Sorry for all the questions 

1 hour ago, Shydz said:

Ok. Now the how :) The google store only shows v17, which it says is not compatible, for obvious reasons.   How do I then update from 16 to 16.1? Sorry for all the questions 

You can install this manually

Just move this onto a USB drive, and then install it on your box using the app "APP INSTALLER"

kodi-16.1-Jarvis-armeabi-v7a.apk

10 hours ago, Shydz said:

Thanks so much for this :) Should I uninstall the current version of Kodi first? 

Not if you are running KODI 16, as it will just install on top.

If you are running KODI 14 or 15, then yes uninstall it before installing 16.1

You're a star. Thank you. So easy to do and it sorted out my problem of playing my own videos in a small box. Now playing my own videos full screen 

1 hour ago, Shydz said:

You're a star. Thank you. So easy to do and it sorted out my problem of playing my own videos in a small box. Now playing my own videos full screen 

Good to hear

Hi, I've done all of the steps, once I tried downloading it's just been stuck at the "installing" phase for over an hour, tested my internet speed and it seems fine, is this a normal issue or did I screw something up?

On 4/20/2017 at 6:47 PM, Branden638 said:

Hi, I've done all of the steps, once I tried downloading it's just been stuck at the "installing" phase for over an hour, tested my internet speed and it seems fine, is this a normal issue or did I screw something up?

Try rebooting the box and installing it again