Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D-Spayre

Unit won't power on

1 hour ago, D-Spayre said:

Unit won't power on

Hi,

My unit won't power on.  Just has an orange light on the front.

Thanks

This happened just recently, or when you first bought the unit?

Was having issues with the powering up since I bought the unit, so I updated the firmware with what you had posted to fix the issue.  Everything was working perfectly until I unplugged the unit and plugged it back in.  Now just has an orange light.

3 minutes ago, D-Spayre said:

Was having issues with the powering up since I bought the unit, so I updated the firmware with what you had posted to fix the issue.  Everything was working perfectly until I unplugged the unit and plugged it back in.  Now just has an orange light.

You can try this method posted here to fix your unit

2 hours ago, D-Spayre said:

It won't go into recovery mode.  Just stuck on the orange light.

The files are meant to be used where you hold the reset button for 15 seconds after plugging in the power

The lights should flash between red and green, then take about 5-8 mins to install and finish.

Ok after leaving the unit unplugged all night and tried it again in the morning it booted up fine.  Now that's odd.  So I was able to update the new firmware using the Upgrade app and it updated fine.  Everything was working fine until I unplug the machine and now it's doing the same thing all over.  Just orange light. lol

This is very strange.  So I'll try leaving it unplugged for a bit again and see what happens.  But what would be causing this to happen?

Thanks

Well I found the problem.  I have a test bench where I do all my testing for anything IT related :D and realized that I was using one of the older power adapters. New 1900 Pro uses a 5v 3a adapter and the one I was using was a 5v 2000mA (2a) adapter so that 1 extra amp missing was causing me all kinds of issues. :D 

But all in all the main issue the unit was having seems to be now fixed.

Thanks

2 hours ago, D-Spayre said:

Well I found the problem.  I have a test bench where I do all my testing for anything IT related :D and realized that I was using one of the older power adapters. New 1900 Pro uses a 5v 3a adapter and the one I was using was a 5v 2000mA (2a) adapter so that 1 extra amp missing was causing me all kinds of issues. :D 

But all in all the main issue the unit was having seems to be now fixed.

Thanks

I am glad to hear you got it working.