Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

peter23

Will not turn on after turning off

I have had the 1800 box for about 3 weeks. Love it. In the last 2 days now, when I turn it on by remote no signal is picked up by the televation.  The remote will not turn the box off after either. If I un plug the box and plug back in it works fine. Any ideas?

10 hours ago, peter23 said:

I have had the 1800 box for about 3 weeks. Love it. In the last 2 days now, when I turn it on by remote no signal is picked up by the televation.  The remote will not turn the box off after either. If I un plug the box and plug back in it works fine. Any ideas?

This has been mentioned on a lot of other threads on our forum.

We are aware of this issue, and plan to fix it soon.

I agree. Justin. Can we get an eta. And you never responded in my other post about connect to service fail on Ota update. 

I know I don't have the latest cause I don't have the paint brush in the main screen. 

On 11/02/2017 at 7:51 PM, meagain said:

You have to manually put the latest file on as there is no OTA 

Thank you but I have no idea what that means...but with a solution maybe a friend will know. Thanks again.

On 11/02/2017 at 7:51 PM, meagain said:

22 minutes ago, leafguy82 said:

There should be a recall on these boxes 

hahaha, after 3 years of being the best seller,  and one or two people complain in 2017, about turning off using IR remote. MyGica is going to recall?  it is not a hardware issue rather software.  MyGica is already on top of fixing the software and you will see it very soon. 

wow great customer service. Thanks I will be sure to recommend your product. I have bought many of these boxes. All generations. Thanks for the support. Keep of the good work. Lol

It also seems the moderators can't explain the problem right. The IR remote works. It doesn't work properly when you have the USB dongle plugged in.   Fixing the 1900 before the 1800 shows how much they care.  And then going on vacation. Seems it's like it's really at the top of the priority list. 

And they don't send it as an ota update. Poor decision for the customers that don't know how to do manual updates. Again. Thanks for the great support. Btw I can do the manual updates. Reason I am bitter is because I recommended this box 1800 to a new user and they already returned one and think I did them wrong. 👏 Good job mygica 

9 hours ago, bindaredondat said:

hahaha, after 3 years of being the best seller,  and one or two people complain in 2017, about turning off using IR remote. MyGica is going to recall?  it is not a hardware issue rather software.  MyGica is already on top of fixing the software and you will see it very soon. 

Very sad response to keep consumers coming back.  Best seller according to who? Continual software problems. Hire people that know what there doing then to correct the problems. 

4 minutes ago, leafguy82 said:

How about a fix for 4.4. Is there going to be one?

We addressed this issue on 4.4 in our July Firmware.

We realize this still happens on certain makes of TVs though when using 4.4 FW but we cannot reproduce it and therefore cannot fix it.

If you are having this issue on 4.4, then I suggest upgrading to 5.1 and then installing the patch file.

Justin this is a poor answer. This has only happened to some boxes. Like I said. I have bought several 1800s. Check out the image. 42 open boxes that's cause something happened with the last batch I guess. It's not the tv. It's the USB dongle. And it was never fixed in July. Please explain...

i have only only had issues with 2 boxes  bought around Christmas time at Canada computers kennedy Rd location  bit on 4.4  if the USB is plugged in the screen is black after trying on from standby.  If the USB for the remote is not plugged in it boots up fine after standby  

Lastly, if you boot the box then plug in the USB after its booted up  the remote responds wacky  when you unplug the box and plug it back in it is fine.

maybe you should buy the 42 open boxes back from Canada computers so you can reproduce the isssue  

IMG_5835.PNG

10 hours ago, Justin said:

I just received this on Sunday

Would have posted it yesterday, but we were on holiday

This should fix Standby/Black Screen issue for 1900/1800 using Android 5.1 FW

Please try this, and let me know

If works well, we will send as OTA Update.

update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_nonetflixHD_bootpatch.img

Hi, I tried to update with this file and the problem still persists.