Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

peter23

Will not turn on after turning off

2 hours ago, Justin said:

The remote controls you guys are using, they require a USB dongle to be plugged into the box?

Are you talking about 1900ac? What about 1800e the update didn't fix the issue 

1 hour ago, dlolpz said:

Are you talking about 1900ac? What about 1800e the update didn't fix the issue 

Either model

Justin. I have been telling you the problem since December. It doesn't matter. 4.4 or 5.1. The box comes with a remote with a USB dongle. I have tried both mygica remotes they come with with the dongle. It doesn't matter. It could be a dongle for a mouse a keyboard  even a space ship. When the box is shut off In standby and you have a USB dongle plugged in the box does not turn on. And if it does turn on with some remotes the remote doesn't function properly. THERE WAS A BATCH THAT HAS AN EFFED UP TURN ON PROCESS WHEN A USB IS PLUGGED IN.  you need to fix what's broken and not what's not. Kr41 does not turn on after standby. 

Kr40 will turn on after standby but the remote doesn't function properly without a reboot. 

Kr60 no USB dongle plugged in no problem

kr60 with USB dongle does not turn on. Needs to be unplugged.

If this is still unclear let me know. 

This is a problem on 4.4 and after a 5.1 upgrade. 1st box returned. Second box kept and waiting on a fix that is never coming    

I even added pictures of the remotes with a clear explanation and you locked the thread to try and hide from the problem  and then you tell me oh.. there was a fix for 4.4 in July  that doesn't work. thanks for wasting our time.

trust me when I say I use to love your product  I had so many people buy them up until now.  I swore by the 1800.

12 minutes ago, leafguy82 said:

Justin. I have been telling you the problem since December. It doesn't matter. 4.4 or 5.1. The box comes with a remote with a USB dongle. I have tried both mygica remotes they come with with the dongle. It doesn't matter. It could be a dongle for a mouse a keyboard  even a space ship. When the box is shut off In standby and you have a USB dongle plugged in the box does not turn on. And if it does turn on with some remotes the remote doesn't function properly. THERE WAS A BATCH THAT HAS AN EFFED UP TURN ON PROCESS WHEN A USB IS PLUGGED IN.  you need to fix what's broken and not what's not. Kr41 does not turn on after standby. 

Kr40 will turn on after standby but the remote doesn't function properly without a reboot. 

Kr60 no USB dongle plugged in no problem

kr60 with USB dongle does not turn on. Needs to be unplugged.

If this is still unclear let me know. 

This is a problem on 4.4 and after a 5.1 upgrade. 1st box returned. Second box kept and waiting on a fix that is never coming    

I even added pictures of the remotes with a clear explanation and you locked the thread to try and hide from the problem  and then you tell me oh.. there was a fix for 4.4 in July  that doesn't work. thanks for wasting our time.

trust me when I say I use to love your product  I had so many people buy them up until now.  I swore by the 1800.

I asked all of these questions to determine if the issue comes from USB remotes from us or any style USB remote

It is because we had early versions of the 1800e that came with KR60 IR remote

I am just trying to pin point the issue is all.

If everyone is saying they are having the standby issue when using a USB style remote or keyboard, and do not have this issue when using just an IR remote, then I think we have found what is causing this problem then.  

4 minutes ago, Justin said:

I asked all of these questions to determine if the issue comes from USB remotes from us or any style USB remote

If everyone is saying they are having the standby issue when using a USB style remote or keyboard, and do not have this issue when using just an IR remote, then I think we have found what is causing this problem then.  

Congrats. Can we get a fix then so I can tell the guy I told to buy the box that your product is still good.   I have had over ten of these boxes. And only this problem with 2 boxes. Yes it's the USB.   Everyone should try with the USB unplugged. But you can't expect everyone to be techy. 

4 hours ago, Justin said:

The remote controls you guys are using, they require a USB dongle to be plugged into the box?

I am using KR301. Problem still there after the latest update.

29 minutes ago, jamesph66 said:

I am using KR301. Problem still there after the latest update.

Try unplugging the USB and turn the box on and off with the power button and see if it works. Not sure if the kr301 has an infrared power button. The others i mentioned above do. The USB is not required to turn it on and off. 

23 minutes ago, leafguy82 said:

Try unplugging the USB and turn the box on and off with the power button and see if it works. Not sure if the kr301 has an infrared power button. The others i mentioned above do. The USB is not required to turn it on and off. 

Tried unplugged the USB, and when power button pressed, green light on but TV screen still blank, had to unplugging the power to boot.

In other word, power off is ok, but can't power on (green light on though).

2 minutes ago, jamesph66 said:

Tried unplugged the USB, and when power button pressed, green light on but TV screen still blank, had to unplugging the power to boot.

Leave the USB out reboot box by unplugging. Then use the remote to power off the box. Then use the remote to power it on. All while the USB is unplugged. Then let me know. 

3 hours ago, Justin said:

I'm using Kr60 no usb dongle and still having issues with device not turning on... 

3 hours ago, leafguy82 said:

Leave the USB out reboot box by unplugging. Then use the remote to power off the box. Then use the remote to power it on. All while the USB is unplugged. Then let me know. 

Did it, and got the same result. Power off is ok, power on green light but TV screen is blank.

On 21/02/2017 at 0:19 PM, Justin said:

I just received this on Sunday

Would have posted it yesterday, but we were on holiday

This should fix Standby/Black Screen issue for 1900/1800 using Android 5.1 FW

Please try this, and let me know

If works well, we will send as OTA Update.

update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_nonetflixHD_bootpatch.img

Are you guys still working on this issue.. Still experiencing the same issue after  the sais update.. 

17 hours ago, dlolpz said:

Ate you guys still working on blackout issue after putting the device in standby? 

We have a patch file, but after some testing from others on here that still did not work

So we are still trying

I am a newbie to this box but am experiencing the same problem with my brand new 1900

Does anyone know if the attached fix from jamesph66 actually works on the 1900?

Many thanks

On 2/22/2017 at 5:56 PM, Justin said:

I have the K40 remote.  I tried unplugging the USB key, didn't make any difference.  Same as everyone else.  Won't power on, and/or the black screen when the box has a green light.  Seeing as this is affecting so many people.. when is the fix going to be available?  Is everyone just returning their 1800 as defective??  Very annoying to have to unplug it to use it.

Just now, Trac said:

I have the K40 remote.  I tried unplugging the USB key, didn't make any difference.  Same as everyone else.  Won't power on, and/or the black screen when the box has a green light.  Seeing as this is affecting so many people.. when is the fix going to be available?  Is everyone just returning their 1800 as defective??  Very annoying to have to unplug it to use it.

After going through the forums and back and forth Pms

It seems this has been determined to be an issue with 5.1 on the 1800E only.

So were trying to find a solution for it.

This is just an addition to the thread!

I have owned my MyGica 1800e for nearly two years now and I love the possibilities the technology offers but I am nearly defeated on the fact that the Android OS (Kit Kat 4.4) self degenerates over an ever increasingly shorter time.  What this means is that the OS on the box glitches or flashes on boot a few times, then the apps appear and sometimes they don’t work until a second reboot.  After some use, the software and the box will not shut down/off or go to sleep and a hard disconnect and reboot are necessary to reset everything.  I have erased, installed every image version of Kit Kat that I can find and the same things continue to occur.  There have been a few occasions that I thought that the box was dead (bricked) as it froze on install but so far I have been able to bring it back to life (of course with the same issues as above).  I also tried updating to Lollipop and a new set of problems arose such as the known Ethernet issue and Kodi v.17 will not install so back I go to my previous working but flawed installs.

Any NEW ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

just my 2¢