Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

peter23

Will not turn on after turning off

9 minutes ago, RYCBAR said:

This is just an addition to the thread!

I have owned my MyGica 1800e for nearly two years now and I love the possibilities the technology offers but I am nearly defeated on the fact that the Android OS (Kit Kat 4.4) self degenerates over an ever increasingly shorter time.  What this means is that the OS on the box glitches or flashes on boot a few times, then the apps appear and sometimes they don’t work until a second reboot.  After some use, the software and the box will not shut down/off or go to sleep and a hard disconnect and reboot are necessary to reset everything.  I have erased, installed every image version of Kit Kat that I can find and the same things continue to occur.  There have been a few occasions that I thought that the box was dead (bricked) as it froze on install but so far I have been able to bring it back to life (of course with the same issues as above).  I also tried updating to Lollipop and a new set of problems arose such as the known Ethernet issue and Kodi v.17 will not install so back I go to my previous working but flawed installs.

Any NEW ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

just my 2¢

When you tried lollipop, you used the one posted in Nov 2016?
Because the ethernet issue was fixed in this.

Also on 4.4, you can hold down the Menu button on the remote to clear the memory every once and awhile. This helps boost performance.

I think used MyGica-ATV1900AC_20160229 that I found on the MyGica 1900 download section as I thought that it would be the current release but I will search for the November release and try it.

Just now, RYCBAR said:

I think used MyGica-ATV1900AC_20160229 that I found on the MyGica 1900 download section as I thought that it would be the current release but I will search for the November release and try it.

You can find it here

9 minutes ago, Justin said:

When you tried lollipop, you used the one posted in Nov 2016?
Because the ethernet issue was fixed in this.

Also on 4.4, you can hold down the Menu button on the remote to clear the memory every once and awhile. This helps boost performance.

I have been doing this for somethime now and as I said it works for awhile but the everything just stops.....

2 minutes ago, RYCBAR said:

If that is the case

Try the new Lollipop and see if it keeps happening.
That is not normal behavior though, so your internal flash memory might be corrupt.

14 minutes ago, Justin said:

If that is the case

Try the new Lollipop and see if it keeps happening.
That is not normal behavior though, so your internal flash memory might be corrupt.

Thanks for the advice and support and if the flash memory is corrupt, can I fix it or is it repaired when I perform a complete erase and install?

Just now, RYCBAR said:

Thanks for the advice and support and if the flash memory is corrupt, can I fix it or is it repaired when I perform a complete erase and install?

Have you tried the bootcard method before?

I think that is how I managed to get the box back after it failed to finish a install.  Is it safer?
I will loaded the November image sometime over the weekend and let you know;
Thanks

Just now, RYCBAR said:

I think that is how I managed to get the box back after it failed to finish a install.  Is it safer?
I will loaded the November image sometime over the weekend and let you know;
Thanks

The bootcard method fixes a lot of things, just not 100% sure it will fix the issues you are describing.

But try it and let me know

1 hour ago, Justin said:

The bootcard method fixes a lot of things, just not 100% sure it will fix the issues you are describing.

But try it and let me know

Hey Justin
I have loaded the boot card with the image and it always stops before it trips into the rebuild part.  The boot card files that I use are different from the ones listed in the link and the link is inactive so I can not get them.  Is the part about running the cmd file in XP a must?

Just now, RYCBAR said:

Hey Justin
I have loaded the boot card with the image and it always stops before it trips into the rebuild part.  The boot card files that I use are different from the ones listed in the link and the link is inactive so I can not get them.  Is the part about running the cmd file in XP a must?

The link on our own forum is inactive?

You should be using the exact files that you download and not different ones.

2 minutes ago, Justin said:

The link on our own forum is inactive?

You should be using the exact files that you download and not different ones.

It works as downloaded with update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20160720 but will not update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_20161121 so I have reloaded 4.4 and am now running the internal update.

20 minutes ago, RYCBAR said:

It works as downloaded with update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20160720 but will not update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_20161121 so I have reloaded 4.4 and am now running the internal update.

Running the internal update?

29 minutes ago, Justin said:

Running the internal update?

By internal I assume that it is the installed version and it has just finished.  I will look for the bootcard download version with the November update and keep it for later.  Heres hoping that the glitches disappear and I can get beyond a week without the need to do it all over again.
Thanks for all you help and direction and it is appreciated.

Just one more silly thing before I move on.  I found this link by you  which appears to be an ATV1800 bootcard download.  If it is, can I simply change the image file to the latest release if needed?  Enjoy and thanks

ATV 1800E 11/05/14 FIRMWARE FILE **MANUAL UPDATE**

On 3/31/2017 at 4:23 PM, RYCBAR said:

Just one more silly thing before I move on.  I found this link by you  which appears to be an ATV1800 bootcard download.  If it is, can I simply change the image file to the latest release if needed?  Enjoy and thanks

ATV 1800E 11/05/14 FIRMWARE FILE **MANUAL UPDATE**

The latest 5.1 IMG file and bootcard files can be downloaded from this link
You cannot just change the img file using older bootcard files, as you also need to rename something else so it all matches.

http://mygicasupport.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=3668

Thanks for the link and all your advice and I will download and try later as so far all the previous issues have disappeared.

The 5.1 update as described above has fixed (so far) this issues that I had that it would not restart without a hard reboot.

1 hour ago, RYCBAR said:

The 5.1 update as described above has fixed (so far) this issues that I had that it would not restart without a hard reboot.

Thanks RYCBAR - this may be a little above my skill set.  Does that link require me to reinstall 5.1 afresh (so that I would lose anything I have installed) or is there a file in that RAR which fixes the boot up problem?

1 hour ago, DaveGooner said:

Thanks RYCBAR - this may be a little above my skill set.  Does that link require me to reinstall 5.1 afresh (so that I would lose anything I have installed) or is there a file in that RAR which fixes the boot up problem?

Are you referring to the Standby issue?

1 hour ago, Justin said:

Are you referring to the Standby issue?

Yes Justin - just the failure of the box to turn back on without being unplugged and reconnected. I'm not sure what steps to take to fix that issue (and sorry if I missed the explanation above!)...

This file fixed all of my problems and re-installed everything that MyGica needs to operate and you can use the Backup/Restore tool to save your set up and reload it after the install.
Not sure if it helps but it was not hard to do and as I said earlier, I have been up for over one week now without the old problems reoccurring.

On 4/6/2017 at 2:38 PM, DaveGooner said:

Yes Justin - just the failure of the box to turn back on without being unplugged and reconnected. I'm not sure what steps to take to fix that issue (and sorry if I missed the explanation above!)...

Did they fix the standby issue?