Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

peter23

Will not turn on after turning off

On 4/9/2017 at 9:02 AM, Ricco said:

Did they fix the standby issue?

I wrote a post on this topic here

I have this standby issue for awhile, if all of you are experiencing the "same" issue that I have, you can simply unplug your HDMI and plug it back in and it is good to go.  This is how I fix my black screen issue.  Just to add more comment.....  I have unplugged the device for I don't know how many months, now, I am back hoping that the issue is fixed....  Well, I guess it had not been fixed, only it expanded!  I start having this issue when I did an OTA update.  I did not have this problem until I updated the device.  Now, it is a device taking up space in my entertainment unit.  I will check back in a few months and hopefully Beta will turn into Production release.

Hi all, is there a fix for the turning off issue.. my 1800 doesn't wanna turn off after updating to lollipop.. had to update in order to get 17.1 working now it's doesn't wanna turn off n turns on by itself all the time..

thanks

13 hours ago, Justin Case said:

Hi all, is there a fix for the turning off issue.. my 1800 doesn't wanna turn off after updating to lollipop.. had to update in order to get 17.1 working now it's doesn't wanna turn off n turns on by itself all the time..

thanks

Being a rookie at this I would humbly suggest that you start at the beginning a load everything once more and the bootcard method worked the best for me as I tried for weeks.

15 hours ago, Justin Case said:

thanks

We have not been able to fix this yet.

I have suggested in another thread that you can leave your unit on 24/7 and will not have any issues.
This also does not use much more power at all.

13 hours ago, Justin Case said:

As long you guys are aware of the issue.. my 1800 also keeps turning on and off my itself continuously..

My 1800 did all sorts of weird and wonderful things but I believe persistence, support from here and trying new things finally has it working.  I did many factory resets, erased it many times and tried various ways of reloading 5.1 and as I said earlier, the bootcard method finally solved the will not turn on/off without a hard reboot.