Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

420g

atv586 was waste of money

so i bought the atv586 because it had great specs, but it has tones of bugs and mygiga support doesn't give a crap, so here are some problems just to list a few.

• the epg and dvr function in the dtv app do not work
  • dtv tuner is really weak, the built-in tuner in any cheap tv works better
  • bluetooth was a lie there is no bluetooth adapter
  • forget about games, you cannot connect any controller even by usb to this piece of crap atv586. firmware lacks support
  • some apps from google playstore like shomi dont work

so i get the idea that mygica is using their customers as beta testers, if there was more updates i probably wouldn't be pissed but mygica obviously is screwing their customers with incomplete products.

can someone please fix the epg and add some usb controller support

because if this doesn't happen, i was thinking about getting the atv1960 when its released, but instead im just going to get and nvidia shield with an hdhomerun

8 hours ago, 420g said:

so i bought the atv586 because it had great specs, but it has tones of bugs and mygiga support doesn't give a crap, so here are some problems just to list a few.

• bluetooth was a lie there is no bluetooth adapter
  • forget about games, you cannot connect any controller even by usb to this piece of crap atv586. firmware lacks support

so i get the idea that mygica is using their customers as beta testers, if there was more updates i probably wouldn't be pissed but mygica obviously is screwing their customers with incomplete products.

can someone please fix the epg and add some usb controller support

because if this doesn't happen, i was thinking about getting the atv1960 when its released, but instead im just going to get and nvidia shield with an hdhomerun

We still plan to fix both of these features, as we are currently re-working DTV Player.

Not sure what you mean by this?? We have fully tested the tuner and it performs the same as the ones installed on any TV

I have seen this mentioned on a few other threads recently, sorry but I was actually not aware of this. I will look into it and try to get it fixed.

Shomi app was shut down by Rogers in November 2016, so that may explain why it doesn't work.
    Are there other apps you are having issues with??

We will not release the 1960 till it is ready to release, and the most important part of the 1960 is our DTV Player app which we are working on still.

Sorry forgot to mention about Bluetooth, yes this was a mistake on our part in the product description.

Justin thanks for getting back to this topic, i understand the dvr and epg is a major project for you guys and the android 5.1 is unstable, but could you at least release a firmware update that would include

• android 4.4 kit kat with latest updates and app support available
  • usb controller support, ps3, xbox, generic, etc.
  • and possibly dtv app with epg stable work in progress

if a firmware update like that could be released it would make some of your customers happy and become repeat customers when atv1960 is released

thank you