Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Herman

Kodi v17 - MyGica ATV582

We currently have nothing available

This is something that we are trying to work on, but cannot guarantee this right now

I will continue to update once I know more.

10 hours ago, Mclaren40 said:

Hi, Is there any firmware update for the ATV 582 pls? Currently its is the 'Kitkat'

Kit kat is the latest version of Firmware available for the 582

What is the news for Kodi 17. 

On 2/9/2017 at 2:27 AM, Herman said:

Kodi v17 - MyGica ATV582

MyGica ATV582 tv box does not support the upgrade of Kodi v16 to the new version 17. Error message is: "Your device does not support v17."

Question: Will MyGica launch a software upgrade to enable the ATV582 to run Kodi v17?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.xbmc.kodi

Hello, I am Inquiring  what is the news on this?
Any time line for Kodi 17 to work with MyGicaATV582?  

On 2/20/2017 at 9:38 AM, joecar314 said:

What is the news for Kodi 17. 

Hello, I am Inquiring  what is the news on this?
Any time line for Kodi 17 to work with MyGicaATV582?  

We have no new news at this time.

Just install Spmc.. Works better than 17 and it supports.. Audio passthrough.. It's running at  version 16. 5 now.. Where team Kodi left it at 6.1..and it fully supports legacy devices like 582's...

35 minutes ago, dlolpz said:

Just install Spmc.. Works better than 17 and it supports.. Audio passthrough.. It's running at  version 16. 5 now.. Where team Kodi left it at 6.1..and it fully supports legacy devices like 582's...

SPMC is a very good fork of KODI

Great suggestion 

On 2017/02/22 at 11:54 PM, dlolpz said:

On 2017/02/23 at 0:30 AM, Justin said:

SPMC is a very good fork of KODI

Great suggestion 

In a number of posts in forums the 380 is likened to the 582.

The question that remains unanswered is if the current release of Android 5.1 runs OK on the 380 whether it will run OK on the 582 ...... if so, then there appears to be some upgrade path on the 582 and can one move to either Kodi 17 or SPMC 16.5 that also requires Android Lollipop 5.0 or later?

Response Justin and dlolpz please?

Thanks.

16 hours ago, dlolpz said:

Spmc works side by side with Kodi.. Spmc is geared for legacy devices anything below Kodi 17

Thanks for the reply dlolpz ..... problem is that as I stated above SPMC 16.5 and above requires Android 5.0 or later .... thus the primary issue is running Android 5 + on the ATV582.

Regards.

1 hour ago, dlolpz said:

Spmc doesn't require  o's 5.1 I got it installed in 582 running 4.4.. Works like a charm 

What version of SPMC are you using though?

You can find out by going into System Info of SPMC

2 hours ago, Justin said:

What version of SPMC are you using though?

You can find out by going into System Info of SPMC

Thanks for responding dlolpz and Justin. Not using SPMC yet, looking at it as maybe an improvement over Kodi, more so the Addons than Kodi itself. Reason I raised the question regarding Android is that on the SPMC web site by Koying, http://spmc.semperpax.com/

it states the following: " Note 1: As of 16.5.0, Android lollipop (API 21) is required", according to me it is Android 5 + .... I'd be very glad to run it on 4.4 .... should I run an earlier version?

3 hours ago, dlolpz said:

Got nothing to lose everything to gain... Not unless you have at least 2gb ram if not.. Don't waste your time with 17..

Thanks guys installed 16.5 last night, did not experience any hassles with the installation itself. Now it's a matter of getting things setup/copied between Kodi and SPMC.  Did a copy of Kodi settings last night as described in the forums, however it appears not to have worked as SPMC does not show anything. Also did I find it frustrating to define my desktop's shared drives and folders to it, as it won't accept the Windows sign-on details ... same as I used in Kodi ....

Are you using the ARM32 or the Jarvis version dlolpz?

1 minute ago, jpmccarthy said:

Don't you just install from the Play Store?

I have done so ... the latest release from Play Store for my box is 16.4.8 ......

From what SPMC is being touted as and my experience the past 24 hours differ vastly ... I have yet to get anything going in it.

The version that gets installed is for a basic mobile phone imho, not an Android box. The settings I can set or have control over compared to Kodi is basic and rudimentary ....   and HELP/documentation is hard to find, even googling and going thru various forums.  With all respect, I am quite IT literate and experienced, this has become one of those elementary things that is turning into a nightmare.

Currently I have Kodi, VLC Player and File Manager configured to use Windows (smb) network sharing and reading/playing videos and music from my shared drives and folders. I have an ethernet link between my box and my router as it is significantly faster than wireless. For some reason I cannot get the network sharing configured in SPMC, I get as far as identifying my PC, as soon as I have to enter the sign-on details, it gives an error. I've tried re-configuring shared folders etc. set time-outs and buffering on the Windows PC which are known problems in some Android instances, however it did not help. SPMC should not be dependant on whether ethernet or wireless is used either.

I've come to the point now that if I can't even get the basics going, is there any reason to struggle any further.

I'd welcome and appreciate any assistance and advice.

Regards.

LOL - no worries. I've been there where something trivial sucked up more time than I allocated for :) 

I will update if I try to do anything it myself - I'm still working with Kodi 16 and Kit Kat - still working 'ok' for me in terms of getting 720p content.

1 hour ago, jpmccarthy said:

LOL - no worries. I've been there where something trivial sucked up more time than I allocated for :) 

I will update if I try to do anything it myself - I'm still working with Kodi 16 and Kit Kat - still working 'ok' for me in terms of getting 720p content.

Thanks jpmccathy ..... that is where I am, although a lot of my content is 1080p. Still have my old WD Mediahub TV player as well, pity WD never went further with it as even today it is still a great media player.

21 hours ago, spottedcat said:

Thanks guys installed 16.5 last night, did not experience any hassles with the installation itself. Now it's a matter of getting things setup/copied between Kodi and SPMC.  Did a copy of Kodi settings last night as described in the forums, however it appears not to have worked as SPMC does not show anything. Also did I find it frustrating to define my desktop's shared drives and folders to it, as it won't accept the Windows sign-on details ... same as I used in Kodi ....

Are you using the ARM32 or the Jarvis version dlolpz?

Android tv box.. Mygica atv1900 Pro

On 2/28/2017 at 1:50 PM, spottedcat said:

Thanks jpmccathy ..... that is where I am, although a lot of my content is 1080p. Still have my old WD Mediahub TV player as well, pity WD never went further with it as even today it is still a great media player.

LOL - I still have that as well (the one with the 1TB drive on board) and used it more when I still had 'local content' - but pretty much only using Kodi now and streaming content. I liked it a lot as well.