Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Herman

Kodi v17 - MyGica ATV582

6 hours ago, Herman said:

Message from Kodi: Those not running Kodi 17 will experience Exodus problems. Exodus is the biggest addon on Kodi and if we cannot upgrade Android 4.4 on the 582 box to Android 5.x we might as well throw the 582 box away. 

http://koditips.com/kodi-exodus-not-working-click-here-for-info/

Fully agree .... based on the response  thus far the 582 is a dead duck. Response from support/development thus far has not been very positive and very forthcoming.

ATV 582 is popular in markets outside of North America. This mode is quiet old for US/Canada market and is considered discontinued. Keep in mind MyGica products are sold in over 15 countries and not all these markets require the latest hardware technology as NA does.

10 hours ago, docs-160i said:

Hi Justin/Mygica

Will a version 5 be released or not ?
Exodus is becoming almost useless and cannot be upgraded to version 17

Android 5.1 will never be released for the 582 or 380. The only viable option is to run a linux-based libreelec operating system and now it will only give you Kodi 17. That being said, that is what most people want anyway.

10 hours ago, docs-160i said:

Hi Justin/Mygica

Will a version 5 be released or not?
Exodus is becoming almost useless and cannot be upgraded to version 17

If you read up on Exodus issues lately, "which is 3rd party add-on" I am sure you will see that it has nothing to do with Kodi 16.1 or Version 17, or 17.1.

Found on Koditips...

"

Latest Update March 17th

Current Status: EXODUS Issues Present on Kodi 16.1 and lower (read below) – Make sure you have version 3.1.5 of the add-on.

There has been an increased number of reports about users finding few or no links in Exodus when running Kodi 16.1 and earlier. "

I'm not advocating using any third-party add-ons, I am simply stating what is freely available as information on the web.

I think there will be a lot of addons that will have dependencies on Kodi 17 libraries, but yeah, I think the biggest issue with exodus is that the original developer abandoned it, and it is now being maintained by others. We've seen similar things like this before with mashup and genesis. 

This on screen message from Kodi (see attached image) implies that I'll soon will have to throw MyGiga in the trash, because MyGiga Support is unable the update the Android 4.4 software to support Kodi 17. 

Really MyGiga!!! 

IMG_8525.JPG

On March 27, 2017 at 11:09 AM, Herman said:

Message from Kodi: Those not running Kodi 17 will experience Exodus problems. Exodus is the biggest addon on Kodi and if we cannot upgrade Android 4.4 on the 582 box to Android 5.x we might as well throw the 582 box away. 

http://koditips.com/kodi-exodus-not-working-click-here-for-info/

No, that is a message from KodiTips and TVAddons, a  website that talks about third party Addons that is not affiliated with Kodi.tv.

That being said, yes Addons are currently scraping from sites that are not useable under 16.1. 

Or run libreelec 17

20 hours ago, Herman said:

This on screen message from Kodi (see attached image) implies that I'll soon will have to throw MyGiga in the trash, because MyGiga Support is unable the update the Android 4.4 software to support Kodi 17. 

Really MyGiga!!! 

IMG_8525.JPG

Switch to the new myGica Media Center - fork of Kodi 17 to work on older devices - will definitely allow you to get a bit more life out of your box.

It looks like there will be no Lollipop for the 582/380's due to the fact there is only 1gb of ram in these systems.  That being said they are creating their own version of KODI 17 on their own to work with the 582/380s.

They will be calling it MMC, (Mygica Media Center)

45 minutes ago, jpmccarthy said:

@Justin Can you put out a notice of some sort when the 17.1 version of your fork lands in the playstore. Been using the existing APK - works very well - THANK YOU!

About 2 to 3 weeks for 17.1

But please don't hold me to the exact date.

I have been trying to upload it to the Playstore for a few days now, but have run into some issues.
Hope to have this figured by Friday.

At this point in time going the Kodi 17.1 route may also be questionable........

I've installed it on Win 10 2 days ago and thus far not impressed at all ... in fact a bit of a disaster in my opinion. It is painfully slow. The addons that I use mostly viz. Sportsdevil, Exodus, Phoenix and Zem have so many dead or unresponsive links. It also buffers endlessly......

I've installed SPMC 16.5.4 with the same addons and the difference is day and night .... at this point in time my view is bye bye Kodi.....

Can't say I am having the same experience - have it installed on a Linux laptop as well as multiple phones and working very well.

Additionally, the MyGica fork is working well for me - in fact I had been using Exodus and getting non-working HD links on 16.1, but over 25 for the same show on 17.0 fork - all working.

Your experience may vary. 

23 hours ago, jpmccarthy said:

Can't say I am having the same experience - have it installed on a Linux laptop as well as multiple phones and working very well.

Additionally, the MyGica fork is working well for me - in fact I had been using Exodus and getting non-working HD links on 16.1, but over 25 for the same show on 17.0 fork - all working.

Your experience may vary. 

jpmccarthy ..... any chance I can lay my hands on the MyGica 17.0 fork, would be nice to try it out.

Posted a link to it in this thread .. 

2 hours ago, spottedcat said:

jpmccarthy ..... any chance I can lay my hands on the MyGica 17.0 fork, would be nice to try it out.

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the work done on the fork/Media centre, I for one appreciate it a lot.

I've done some testing of the early version of the fork/Media centre, it looks very promising, specifically from using Exodus and similar addons.

I know it is early days, but thought I'd make you aware of current issues:

Despite setting Audio pass through via the system settings and my receiver Dolby and DTS capable (plus the other formats), when playing downloaded files (e.g. mkv or mp4) via the Media centre it will only play PCM or AAC 2 channel audio tracks, anything above, i.e. 5.1 or 7.1, no audio is audible even though it identifies the audio track and properties correctly. System audio settings are configured exactly as in Kodi, e.g. no. of channels 2 etc.

I use the Sportsdevil and Zem addons extensively for sport, these seem to have lots of non-working links when installed in the fork, I'll re-install today and check as we've had some networking problems in our area over the weekend.

Keep up the good work.

For now 5.1 Is not available on the 582/586/585/380
I am still pushing for this though, but cannot promise anything.

In the meantime, users can use MyGica Media Center Version 17, which is a fork of Kodi 17.

I bought  the myGica ATV582 recently.  It is loaded with Android KitKat and running Kodi 16 Jarvis.  Today I recieved a message when starting up Kodi, that there is a security hole in Kodi (and other media players like VLC) that exposes users to serios risk. It is normal for security flaws to be discovered in any type of software, it happens. Kodi has already released an update whic fixes the issue, and upgrading immediately is strong recommended. 

The problem is that Kodi 17.1 (Kripton) does not run on Kitkat, thus we need to upgrade to Lolipop (Andoid 5) which then is not supported on my Device. Please can we have a solution as now myGica device is useless

1 hour ago, Johann said:

I bought  the myGica ATV582 recently.  It is loaded with Android KitKat and running Kodi 16 Jarvis.  Today I recieved a message when starting up Kodi, that there is a security hole in Kodi (and other media players like VLC) that exposes users to serios risk. It is normal for security flaws to be discovered in any type of software, it happens. Kodi has already released an update whic fixes the issue, and upgrading immediately is strong recommended. 

The problem is that Kodi 17.1 (Kripton) does not run on Kitkat, thus we need to upgrade to Lolipop (Andoid 5) which then is not supported on my Device. Please can we have a solution as now myGica device is useless

The security flaw is in regards to users who use Sub Titles.

If you don't use Sub Titles then you have nothing to worry about.