Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brussell

ATV 1900Pro is very slow

ATV 1900Pro is very slow

Please help

My new Mygica device is running exceptionally slow.

Its like the Ethernet connection is running a 10th of the speed to rest of the house.

When I first setup the device I ran Netflix which worked but the resolution was significantly reduced. I then downloaded a Kodi build (No Limits) which downloaded at a rate of 0.2 to 0.3 MB per second. I won't go in to details but everything takes a long time to load (ie list of available programs and programs). 

I can run Netflix and 123Movies with good resolution on other devices from anywhere in the house including the same ethernet cable. I have also moved my unit to other locations with the same result.

Brussell

On 2/9/2017 at 4:46 AM, Brussell said:

ATV 1900Pro is very slow

Please help

My new Mygica device is running exceptionally slow.

Its like the Ethernet connection is running a 10th of the speed to rest of the house.

When I first setup the device I ran Netflix which worked but the resolution was significantly reduced. I then downloaded a Kodi build (No Limits) which downloaded at a rate of 0.2 to 0.3 MB per second. I won't go in to details but everything takes a long time to load (ie list of available programs and programs). 

I can run Netflix and 123Movies with good resolution on other devices from anywhere in the house including the same ethernet cable. I have also moved my unit to other locations with the same result.

Brussell

Are you able to try doing a factory reset of your unit?

This is the first time we are hearing the 1900 PRO having ethernet speed issues.

I personally use this unit at home, and have 250MB download speed, I get on average 235-242MB when doing a OOKLA Speed test on my 1900 PRO.
The box functions well as well when using many different streaming apps.

Have you clicked on the paintbrush icon on the main page?  The one that frees memory?  Not sure it's all that necessary with boxes that have more than 1GB of RAM but maybe worth a try.  Try running a speed test before and after the paintbrush thing and see if there's a significant difference.