Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bottledg

XBMC Video Playback

Hi all,

I just got my 1800 this week and so far have been impressed. I have the 1800 connected to an older TV with the CVBS mode set to 480 CVBS.

Everything was working great until I installed the latest firmware update (the one from August 1st 2014) last night.

Now whenever I try to play a movie in XBMC it looks like the video is playing off-screen and I can only see a part of it.

I have tried using the video calibration but it isn't working. I have even tried changing the zoom on the video but the image is still off to the side and the resolution for the playback is disabled. It is almost like the playback window is bigger than the TV screen resolution and the video is playing in the center of it.

I found the resolution setting in the gui settings xml file but I do not know what to change them to. If I had a copy of the gui settings file from before I updated the firmware I could compare the differences and see what I could change to make it work again. All I know about the old firmware is that it was whatever shipped with it.

I anyone could help me out with settings or posting the gui file I would appreciate it.

uninstalled 13.0. Downloaded and installed the last stable version of 12.3 and the problem was resolved.

Since the last firmware that I had used XBMC 13.1 and worked fine, is there any way someone could post the firmware that was installed at the factory?

Found the firmware in the 582 forum and flashed back to it. Everything is back to the way it should be. I set the updates to manual until I get a new TV.

I have had horizontal bars across the top and bottom with some videos with gaps between the bars and the tv bezel. It's like XBMC has added unnecessary letterboxing on movies. I found that changing fom 1080p 60hz to 50z removed these bars on most movies.

I have gotten a new Firmware to test this morning.

It is a new Kernel update, which fixes the Blurry Video Interlacing issues that people have been experiencing, and also supposed to fix the other video issues that all of you have been experiencing.

We have also added 1080P-24HZ Video Output support, since this was recently added by AMlogic in there new Kernel Update.

I have myself and my testing team are trying this file now.

Should hope to have it sent out as an OTA update soon, not sure on a date yet though.

Hi All,

I encountered these black lines.

Sometimes they appear on top, some times on the sides.

There are many ways to get rid of them, like cycling through the video settings while playing movies, also as Justin suggested to change display to 1080p.

I managed to find a solution as this seems to be common on all amlogic chipsets.

From xbmc - settings - video - enable advanced settings.

disable hardware acceleration for amcodec.

Some might say hardware acceleration no, everything works the same.

Hi All,

I encountered these black lines.

Sometimes they appear on top, some times on the sides.

There are many ways to get rid of them, like cycling through the video settings while playing movies, also as Justin suggested to change display to 1080p.

I managed to find a solution as this seems to be common on all amlogic chipsets.

From xbmc - settings - video - enable advanced settings.

disable hardware acceleration for amcodec.

Some might say hardware acceleration no, everything works the same.

Thanks for sharing this. I myself haven't experienced this.

It is odd that none of our dealers haven't complained about this either, I have only seen it reported by some of you on the forum.

Good to know the forum is working though, with people sharing what they know to help others :)

I've been experiencing this as well.

So far, after a month of ownership, I wouldn't recommend this unit. This was an upgrade for me from the old generation matricom unit and at this point it isn't worth the extra cost.

Initially, out of the box, all stands, local and not local would be playing of screen. A full reset of the system repaired this issue.

Now I have three reoccurring issues:

Blurry images in video mode

Horizontal lines during playback on 9/10 videos that are played

Audio issues on local streams

In thinking about installing Linux with xbmc instead if the android based OS. From my experience and all the research I've done, xbmc was not designed to run over android, and android itself is a pretty intense OS these days, so running two heavy pieces if software may be the reason why things are bogged down

Also, the ota updates do not work with my unit at all.

I'll be working pretty hard to resolve these issues that should have been resolved before the release of this product. Seems premature to me