Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZoomBoy

YouTube Stuttering Issues - No fix?

YouTube Stuttering Issues - No fix?

I've had the 1800 for over a year now. This is considered quite a powerful box, more powerful than my Samsung Android smart phone - yet, YouTube seems to crap out once it reaches 200MB of cache? I cannot stand the lack of performance in the YouTube app on this box. After watching maybe 3 or 4 videos (and not full screen, because the box can barely handle that) the video playback stutters to pretty much a halt. If you have enough patience to wait it out, video playback might resume after 30 seconds or so or not at all. Audio still plays, but video never resumes.

So what's the culprit here? Is support just going to ask me to send my box in because its bricked or is there a deeper issue? Is your fix going to simply be "clear your cache every 4 videos you watch" or are you going to address this inherent problem? Anyone else experiencing extreme lag/stuttering while watching YouTube videos?

I don't think the 1800E can handle the updating of the  S802  to  5.1 Lollipop without being jittery. My private server and Kodi are both like this.

ZoomBoy,  as normal process for any apps on Android world

1- Delete the app, Reinstall it. 

2. Factory reset the box, and update your apps via Google playStore.

3. if none of these work then it means you need to Service your Box. 

We can not stress the box more, it would upset users on how much more can you push to test, rather we can service it after these 3 easy steps. 

I understand you have indicated you can stress it more,  for that step. 

4. Download the latest firmware from this forums, using SD card
   a) Create your Bootable SD card 
   b) reboot it. 

If these steps do not work still, service it. 

43 minutes ago, bindaredondat said:

ZoomBoy,  as normal process for any apps on Android world

1- Delete the app, Reinstall it. 

2. Factory reset the box, and update your apps via Google playStore.

3. if none of these work then it means you need to Service your Box. 

We can not stress the box more, it would upset users on how much more can you push to test, rather we can service it after these 3 easy steps. 

I understand you have indicated you can stress it more,  for that step. 

4. Download the latest firmware from this forums, using SD card
   a) Create your Bootable SD card 
   b) reboot it. 

Thanks for the info, but all of these are quite apparent when trying to diagnose the issue. Uninstalling apps, clearing cache, etc are standard. The firmware is up to date as the last time a ZIP was released was at the end of 2015.

Why should I have to "service" an Android box? What could possibly break that would affect Youtube playback? I've been building computers for 20 years and to me this sounds stupid. Did a RAM module crap out? Probably not. All they'd do at MyGica is flash the box to factory firmware and send it back - not fixing the issues.

This box is a piece of junk (like most of their other products). No wonder the retailer chain I work for decided to cease selling these products. I guess I'll go and buy a Nvidia Shield.

47 minutes ago, ZoomBoy said:

Thanks for the info, but all of these are quite apparent when trying to diagnose the issue. Uninstalling apps, clearing cache, etc are standard. The firmware is up to date as the last time a ZIP was released was at the end of 2015.

Why should I have to "service" an Android box? What could possibly break that would affect Youtube playback? I've been building computers for 20 years and to me this sounds stupid. Did a RAM module crap out? Probably not. All they'd do at MyGica is flash the box to factory firmware and send it back - not fixing the issues.

This box is a piece of junk (like most of their other products). No wonder the retailer chain I work for decided to cease selling these products. I guess I'll go and buy a Nvidia Shield.

The last firmware release we have for the 1800E is from Nov 2016

We also released one on Android 4.4 in July 2016

If you are using one from 2015, then you are outdated.

Appreciate the link. Also, they shouldn't keep old topics like this one alive then if they're many versions out of date. Why the hell do I need to become a detective to find firmware updates on this forum? Why not one section for everything. Again, Mygica as an organization is sloppy.

13 hours ago, ZoomBoy said:

Appreciate the link. Also, they shouldn't keep old topics like this one alive then if they're many versions out of date. Why the hell do I need to become a detective to find firmware updates on this forum? Why not one section for everything. Again, Mygica as an organization is sloppy.

Zoomboy:  Alright as you say you know alot about PC, and RAM and Hardware, can you take some pictures of the error message you are talking about and also Software dates, and post it here so we could we tackle this together and get it fixed for you?  while you calling us sloppy let's get your box fixed, hope it is not make believe and provide us with some proof of this errors you say.

20 hours ago, ZoomBoy said:

Majority of our downloads are in our downloads section

http://mygicasupport.com/index.php?/files/

The link is at the top of every page of our forum.

This page will be more organized over the next week or so though and will include individual sections per model

There are no error messages. It's a simple drain on resources within the stock MyGica interface! I can barely play videos full screen without them stuttering, sound skipping, etc. Again, thanks for the firmware update link. If it does not work, the box goes in the garbage as I'm sick of having to diagnose this "ultra powerful 4k" box. My 3 year old Samsung Note handles apps with greater efficiency.