Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flow99

How to upgrade to 12.3 for xbmc ?

Hi guys, was wondering if there's a simple way to upgrade the xbmc firmware to 12.3, I currently have 12.2. any suggestions are welcomed. :?:

Hi guys, was wondering if there's a simple way to upgrade the xbmc firmware to 12.3, I currently have 12.2. any suggestions are welcomed. :?:

I would not upgrade to 12.3 as is does not have hardware decoding for Android.

The pre installed version of 12.2 on your ATV 520E is a customized version made by Mygica which has Hardware decoding. I would just stick with the pre installed version if your are looking to stick to using Frodo.

hi Justin, I'm interested in using dixie TVguide which requires 12.3 or above. What's your advice to gain access to the dixie TVguide then?

hi Justin, I'm interested in using dixie TVguide which requires 12.3 or above. What's your advice to gain access to the dixie TVguide then?

Can always use XBMC 13.2 ARM Edition for Android. It has built in Hardware acceleration

Which can be found here.

http://xbmc.org/download/

Ok, thanks for your responses Justin. I was looking at the newer

mygica quadcore version and I'm surprised that to is also using the same xbmc frodo. what streamng device do you have? also, is it worthwhile to pay monthly for VPN to hide the IP?

thanks once again.

-Vic

Ok, thanks for your responses Justin. I was looking at the newer

mygica quadcore version and I'm surprised that to is also using the same xbmc frodo. what streamng device do you have? also, is it worthwhile to pay monthly for VPN to hide the IP?

thanks once again.

-Vic

Our current Quad Cores ATV 582 and 1800E both come with XBMC 13.1 and soon 13.2, so not sure where you read it comes with frodo?

I use a VPN myself, but mainly to get USA netflix, I use www.unblock-us.com

Its only costing me $5 a mth, its an added cost to the $9.99 Netflix subscription, however I find this is the best VPN I have used, with zero downtime so far in the 6 mths I have been using it

USA Netflix has much better content and selection over the Canadian version

"I use a VPN myself, but mainly to get USA netflix, I use www.unblock-us.com"

This is NOT a VPN service. It's a DNS hijack with a reverse proxy in specific regions. That is why unblock-us needs to add support whenever there is a new Geo-IP blocking website. A VPN will allows advertise a US IP while use unblock-us will only make that happen for specific domains. Netflix being it's largest driver.