Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nicki

ATV585 capabilities

ATV585 capabilities

Hi All

I need to replace my mede8ter since it does not support x265.

I'm planning  on buying one of these but information is scarce and differs per site. 
So hopefully I can get the facts here.

1. Does the 585 support x265/HEVC?

Regarding netflix:

In the latest version of netflix you can choose which storage to use for downloading episodes. 
So  I want to put in a 32GB SD card and cache some episodes if possible.

2. Can I update the netflix app via the play store?

3. Can I use one of those mini multimedia wifi keyboards for better navigation(see picture)?
If so which one is recommended?

170209100249_android keyboard 2.jpg

On 2/20/2017 at 2:38 AM, nicki said:

ATV585 capabilities

Hi All

I need to replace my mede8ter since it does not support x265.

I'm planning  on buying one of these but information is scarce and differs per site. 
So hopefully I can get the facts here.

Regarding netflix:

In the latest version of netflix you can choose which storage to use for downloading episodes. 

3. Can I use one of those mini multimedia wifi keyboards for better navigation(see picture)?

170209100249_android keyboard 2.jpg

yes

Regarding netflix:

I am not sure what has happened, but the latest version seems to not allow downloads. I will have to do some looking into this.

Almost any keyboard/remote that works on a pc will work great on our boxes, including the harmony remote. This being said, it is usually a personal preference of which one to use.

10 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

I am not sure what has happened, but the latest version seems to not allow downloads. I will have to do some looking into this.

Meaning the netflix on the device won't allow downloads or I cannot update Netflix via the Play Store?

I checked on my phone and the "Download Location" is still present in the Settings menu.

Nicki,

I am not sure what has happened, but we were able to download onto our boxes last month, and now the download option isnt showing up on my unit. I am doing some looking into it on my end to see what might have happened. 

As for being able to update, yes, it is able to be updated from the google play.