Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoueKoffie

Suggestion: Supply both rooted and UNrooted versions of the firmware

Just a suggestion maybe it would be a good idea to either include an app to switch between rooted and unrooted firmware or alternatively include both rooted and unrooted firmware downloads on your website.

I fully understand wanting a rooted device, but on the other hand, some online content providers don't allow rooted devices access to their content. In some cases, the MyGica box is simply just used as a device to enable access to online content, if this is the case UNROOTED firmware would be preferable and in other cases ROOTED firmware would be better suited to the task at hand.

It is simply a suggestion, but I believe it would be a good addition to your customer service to include this service.

On 2/20/2017 at 7:33 AM, KoueKoffie said:

Just a suggestion maybe it would be a good idea to either include an app to switch between rooted and unrooted firmware or alternatively include both rooted and unrooted firmware downloads on your website.

I fully understand wanting a rooted device, but on the other hand, some online content providers don't allow rooted devices access to their content. In some cases, the MyGica box is simply just used as a device to enable access to online content, if this is the case UNROOTED firmware would be preferable and in other cases ROOTED firmware would be better suited to the task at hand.

It is simply a suggestion, but I believe it would be a good addition to your customer service to include this service.

All of our new boxes
(1900 PRO and 495 PRO) come un rooted

We have a patch file to root them.

If you are referring to our older models, 582/585.  These came rooted, and therefore we have a patch file to unroot them.

We already offer a solution to what you are asking for.