Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cassibooboo

Throwing in the towel

Throwing in the towel

I've had the ATV 586 for almost a year now. When I first got it I was quite underwhelmed with the buggy interface and happily updated to the May 2016 firmware. The DVR and guide were broken - the sole reason I purchased the 586 was for OTA TV as well as Android apps and KODI. If I had known the OTA experience in this box was broken, I would have selected other branded boxes with much more polished and less buggy interfaces. 

The ATV 586 behaves like a beta product; it never should have gone to market. 

I purchased my box at Costco in Canada. Costco has a 90 day return policy on electronics - and I contacted the returns department 10 months after my purchase. I argued that the entire box line does not work as advertised - no DVR or working guide, no Bluetooth (which is advertised), and the box constantly locks up, freezes, randomly quits when running Kodi, etc etc. I would have returned the box within the first 90 days, but looking into this forum we were constantly given little breadcrumbs of hope (engineers working on new guide, escalating this issue to the engineers, in talks with other guide providers). However, after 10 months of this and absolutely nothing to show for it, I'm not hanging onto a broken box and waiting for more lies.

Costco reviewed the issue and agreed to give me a full refund. Wonderful. Costco usually sells quality products so hopefully they review their agreement with MyGica and put an end to it. 

Newer and vastly superior boxes are coming out all the time, and I don't see MyGica spending valuable resources on fixing a broken piece of equipment - they will probably concentrate their workforce on newer lines of boxes. 

For all of you holdouts - I really do hope MyGica comes through and delivers...you have waited a long time. 

Good luck. 

I'm out for good.