Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

koolio

ATV 1900 Pro

ATV 1900 Pro

I just got my 1900 ATV Pro. I installed a laptop HDD into the 2.5 SATA bay. I cannot see the drive listed. It is a brand new 1 TB WD drive. What do I need to do to be able to use it?  Does it need formatting? How do I do that?

On 2/28/2017 at 11:45 PM, koolio said:

ATV 1900 Pro

I just got my 1900 ATV Pro. I installed a laptop HDD into the 2.5 SATA bay. I cannot see the drive listed. It is a brand new 1 TB WD drive. What do I need to do to be able to use it?  Does it need formatting? How do I do that?

The drive should appear in File Manager

Or within any video player app like VLC or KODI

The drive doesn't show up at all anywhere. It is physically plugged in though. I have taken it out and replaced it, same thing. Drive is brand new. Ideas?

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎03 at 9:50 AM, koolio said:

Will do. That was my next step. 

I added the same drive. I didn't see it first, so I removed it and connected it to my PC with SATA to USB cable and formatted it to NTFS. Now I see it. I still can't figure out how to access it from my PC to be able to upload files though.

My drive needed to be attached to a computer and formatted too. I can now see it on mygica. Although, more than once, it has mysteriously disappeared - can't be seen - then it reappears at a later time. Do you mean you can't upload files whenit's attached via cable to your pc? Should work no problem. 

No, when it is in myGica. This is the whole point, to sync files from PC to myGica. But it is attached as usb drive and is not visible from my PC. What is the point to have it then? I hope there is way to sync, I just have to find it.

On 3/12/2017 at 0:59 AM, Vlad said:

No, when it is in myGica. This is the whole point, to sync files from PC to myGica. But it is attached as usb drive and is not visible from my PC. What is the point to have it then? I hope there is way to sync, I just have to find it.

This app looks like it will do what you want

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrtstudio.SyncFolders&hl=en