Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

edit4ever

PadTV on Amazon Fire TV

PadTV on Amazon Fire TV

Just wanted to share that I tried using the PadTV app and tuner (ATSC) on an Amazon Fire TV.  It's too bad that the software isn't being worked on for this as the hardware works.  I was able to load the app (sideload on Fire TV) run a channel scan and watch TV.  Audio worked fine, 720p channels played fine, looked like 1080i channels were struggling to be deinterlaced properly.  And of course, I had to use a different remote/mouse to navigate the PadTV interface.

There is real potential there to have an OTA tuner on the Fire TV - it just needs a bit of software tweaking.  I know the hardware can handle this as Kodi will play the live tv ATSC stream on the Fire TV without an issue.  Maybe software could be written for the A681 so a user could just plud it into the back of the Fire TV - similar to what Sling is doing with AirTV (which is just a rebranded Hauppauge tuner).

In a perfect world, this software would actually be compiled as a Fire TV app with navigation planned for the simple Fire TV remote.

Just thought I'd share my experience in case someone wanted to explore further! 

On 3/1/2017 at 7:49 PM, edit4ever said:

PadTV on Amazon Fire TV

Just wanted to share that I tried using the PadTV app and tuner (ATSC) on an Amazon Fire TV.  It's too bad that the software isn't being worked on for this as the hardware works.  I was able to load the app (sideload on Fire TV) run a channel scan and watch TV.  Audio worked fine, 720p channels played fine, looked like 1080i channels were struggling to be deinterlaced properly.  And of course, I had to use a different remote/mouse to navigate the PadTV interface.

There is real potential there to have an OTA tuner on the Fire TV - it just needs a bit of software tweaking.  I know the hardware can handle this as Kodi will play the live tv ATSC stream on the Fire TV without an issue.  Maybe software could be written for the A681 so a user could just plud it into the back of the Fire TV - similar to what Sling is doing with AirTV (which is just a rebranded Hauppauge tuner).

In a perfect world, this software would actually be compiled as a Fire TV app with navigation planned for the simple Fire TV remote.

Just thought I'd share my experience in case someone wanted to explore further! 

We have a new product line coming out for Amazon Fire TV and many other devices
Our eyetv netstream products

These will transmit the ATSC signal wirelessly through your house, and their will be apps available in all of the major app stores.

I have attached the product spec sheets to this email

4A = 4 Tuner/4 Devices
Duo = 2 Tuner/2 Devices
Air = 1 Tuner/1 Device

EyeTV_GTA_Netstream_Air_Datasheet_EN-161025-01.jpg

EN_EyeTV_GTA_Netstream_duo_Datasheet-161025-01.jpg

EN_EyeTV_GTA_Netstream_4A_Datasheet-161025-01.jpg

On 3/7/2017 at 5:08 PM, edit4ever said:

Nice! Is this in or in need of some beta testing?

we currently have beta testers already