Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

frosty911

1800E volume limit or ceiling?

1800E volume limit or ceiling?

I was wondering if anyone had some input in regards to the sound on the 1800E.  I have no idea if this is related the box, or my tv or a specific setting in the settings menu of the box.  When I max out the volume on the box, and still find movies or videos hard to hear, I then increase the volume on my tv and find that the volume will hit a certain point and the sound will not go louder.  It doesn't matter how long I hold the volume button down (I could hold it down until the number reaches 100) it wont increase the sound and its as if there is a limit that stops the sound from increasing. 

Was only curious if anyone else has experienced this, and again, I'm in no way pointing my finger at my 1800E as the culprit.  I do believe this may be specific to "Kodi", so I'm not sure if that helps point some one in the right direction with an answer. The box in connect via HDMI cable to the tv.   Also, I wasn't sure if this post needed to be moved because I used the "k -word" :)

thanks

On 3/3/2017 at 8:29 PM, frosty911 said:

okay so I was doing some reading (maybe I jumped the gun on posting) and apparently there is a setting in Ko%i I need to check.

The issue you are having is caused by the movie or tv show you are watching.  Some streams might be louder or lower in volume then others.

It all depends on what audio codec the stream you are watching is coded in, some might have a lower bit rate then others.

17 hours ago, Ian611 said:

In Kodi you can set the volume amplification as well and set as default

This also works.