Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Longridge

Broken USB Port

Broken USB Port

Hi folks,

Seems that I've managed to break the plastic tab on one of the ATV520e's USB ports. I bought the ATV520e back in june 2016.

I've been reading about other similar incidents involving laptops and it seems that some people tried to glue the plastic tab back in. I don't think there's anything else wrong with the USB port, just that it needs the plastic tab in there to hold the connector in place. When I try to use the port it doesn't seem to work. I guess I could try using a USB hub.

Anyone have any ideas on a fix? Would it be possible to get a replacement from Mygica?

Thanks,
Mark

On 3/4/2017 at 6:29 PM, Mark Longridge said:

Broken USB Port

Hi folks,

Seems that I've managed to break the plastic tab on one of the ATV520e's USB ports. I bought the ATV520e back in june 2016.

I've been reading about other similar incidents involving laptops and it seems that some people tried to glue the plastic tab back in. I don't think there's anything else wrong with the USB port, just that it needs the plastic tab in there to hold the connector in place. When I try to use the port it doesn't seem to work. I guess I could try using a USB hub.

Anyone have any ideas on a fix? Would it be possible to get a replacement from Mygica?

Thanks,
Mark

Where did you purchase it from?

Just now, Mark Longridge said:

I bought it from Canada Computers in Whitby Ontario.

Mark

It is still under 1 year warranty

If you take it back to Canada Computers they should replace it for you.