Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charles_S

Can't connect wirelessly

Wireless connect will not work. Sees the SSID but remains on Connecting ... message, never connects to it

Router is a Linksys; don't have the model number in front of me but it is pretty recent. Never had problems connecting to it wirelessly; I have laptop and many smartphones that connect to it.

Router is set up to allow wireless connection only via MAC address filtering. This is because I still use an older laptop in additon to a newer one, and the older one will not connect using the newer password authentication on the router, but does connect using MAC address filtering.

For the MyGica, I am using the MAC address on the label on the bottom of the device. Doesn't seem to work. Doesn't show as connected at the router end either.

When I change MyGica setting to use Ethernet and plug router cable into it, it connects fine. Would rather use wireless it that is possible. Please help with this

Thanks

Charles

Wireless connect will not work. Sees the SSID but remains on Connecting ... message, never connects to it

Router is a Linksys; don't have the model number in front of me but it is pretty recent. Never had problems connecting to it wirelessly; I have laptop and many smartphones that connect to it.

Router is set up to allow wireless connection only via MAC address filtering. This is because I still use an older laptop in additon to a newer one, and the older one will not connect using the newer password authentication on the router, but does connect using MAC address filtering.

For the MyGica, I am using the MAC address on the label on the bottom of the device. Doesn't seem to work. Doesn't show as connected at the router end either.

When I change MyGica setting to use Ethernet and plug router cable into it, it connects fine. Would rather use wireless it that is possible. Please help with this

Thanks

Charles

You cannot connect to the wifi router using the normal way, which does not require you to insert the Mac Address labeling?

You either set up the router for one kind of access or the other; you can't combine them. Either password authentication or MAC filter. I could use password authentication if I throw out the old laptop, or only use it to connect via a network cable; but I would prefer to keep the laptop as it is.

Are you saying this is a bug in the MyGica software ? Why else put the MAC address on the label if not to use it for this type of accessing ?

Let me know

You either set up the router for one kind of access or the other; you can't combine them. Either password authentication or MAC filter. I could use password authentication if I throw out the old laptop, or only use it to connect via a network cable; but I would prefer to keep the laptop as it is.

Are you saying this is a bug in the MyGica software ? Why else put the MAC address on the label if not to use it for this type of accessing ?

Let me know

You will have to enter in the Mac ID from the Wifi Module

The one printed on the bottom of the unit is for the Ethernet Module.

The Ethernet and Wifi modules have 2 different Mac ID addresses.

Excellent; now how do I find the other MAC address ?

If you go to "More Settings", which is the native android settings.

Go down to About, open that, and then open "Status". This will display your Wifi Mac ID address

Please note you need to be connected to wifi in order for the mac id address to be displayed.

So try hot spotting your cell phone if you can to connect your box to wifi so you can get the mac id address.

Or you use try this app as well

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... macaddress

But I think you will need to be connected to the internet in order for the Wifi Mac ID to be displayed.

That worked, thanks. I did need to use Smartphone hotspot for the initial connect.

Next problem: can't seem to play any videos.

All the screens show ok and video preview screens show as well, in Browser, on Youtube, etc. However, as soon as I click play, I get nothing. In YouTube, just a black screen. In browser, a Play icon that does not do anything. 5by will play videos for about ten seconds each and then stops. Any suggestions ?

That worked, thanks. I did need to use Smartphone hotspot for the initial connect.

Next problem: can't seem to play any videos.

All the screens show ok and video preview screens show as well, in Browser, on Youtube, etc. However, as soon as I click play, I get nothing. In YouTube, just a black screen. In browser, a Play icon that does not do anything. 5by will play videos for about ten seconds each and then stops. Any suggestions ?

What is the date of the firmware you are using on your ATV 582?

Where do I find that information ?

Go to More Settings, and about device. The build number should have a date within in.

Some progress, though I did not change anything that I am aware of (aside from changing HDMI AutoDetect to ON; but that was before this problem started in any case). Seems to be working now for YouTube, which I am running from the main apps menu. From the browser: some streaming video works, others do not. 5by (which I am running, as a test, from the Applications Menu) is still just the same: plays about ten seconds of any video, then stops. So help is still needed with this.

It has now been over two weeks and no reply and I am starting to lose patience with this process. Why does video streaming not work ? Surely that is what this box is supposed to be for. Did I just throw money down the drain on this ?

It has now been over two weeks and no reply and I am starting to lose patience with this process. Why does video streaming not work ? Surely that is what this box is supposed to be for. Did I just throw money down the drain on this ?

Send me an email to support@mygica.ca

I will help you through email

Thanks

Justin

Hi,

Newbie here and I was also not able to connect wirelessly with different routers. Tethering to the phone worked however.

Eventually realized that the the routers had the WPA mode set to "Auto (WPA or WPA2)", phone was only set to WPA2. Once the router settings were changed to WPA2, connection was good.

Now I only need to figure out how to use the device....

Hi,

Newbie here and I was also not able to connect wirelessly with different routers. Tethering to the phone worked however.

Eventually realized that the the routers had the WPA mode set to "Auto (WPA or WPA2)", phone was only set to WPA2. Once the router settings were changed to WPA2, connection was good.

Hi,

Justin,

Is there a way to change the MAC address for Wifi and Ethernet on the ATV1200/1800/1900?

Also, is the atv1900 rooted?

I am not aware of a way to change MAC address.

What would be the reason for this?

5.1 Version of 1900 is not rooted, however we have a patch file available to root it.

Like the first guy in this post, I use MAC filtering for my Ethernet and I put the MAC address of my old device into my router settings. Now, I dont remember my router login but fortunately I have a picture of the MAC address of the older device. So now I have the new device 1900 and can't connect to the ethernet because the MAC of the 1900 is different than the old one.

Like the first guy in this post, I use MAC filtering for my Ethernet and I put the MAC address of my old device into my router settings. Now, I don't remember my router login but fortunately, I have a picture of the MAC address of the older device. So now I have the new device 1900 and can't connect to the ethernet because the MAC of 1900 is different than the old one.

as much as my knowledge I can try to help all in one post:

1. Wifi can not connect but the Ethernet connects the best way out is Hard reset via QuickBoot app we have in the box and factory reset.

2. If your router locked you out and you need to connect, due to mac filtering you cannot connect, two things you can do to help, one master reset your Router and reset all your filters and settings, unless you have backed it up in a USB then after master reset you can restore,

to know how to master reset your router, you can visit the official website of your brand name of your router. or call their toll-free number to get help. if they ask for money, keep insisting on getting help without payment.

In my original post I meant to say Wifi not ethernet. Anyway, I think what I asked you is a much simpler solution in my case. There is many videos on YouTube about changing the Wifi MAC address on Android phones so I thought there must be a way to do it on this box. Just search on youtube and you will find many videos.

In my original post I meant to say Wifi not ethernet. Anyway, I think what I asked you is a much simpler solution in my case. There is many videos on YouTube about changing the Wifi MAC address on Android phones so I thought there must be a way to do it on this box. Just search on youtube and you will find many videos.

yes there is a possible way to get an app to clone MAC, but not recommended by us. just cause it is not a 100% working. that is all