Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maineman

What version of Kodi Does It Run?

Same here - I downgraded to 16.1 and the video playback went back to normal. I believe it's because Kodi v17+ isn't supporting amcodec which v16 has.

1 hour ago, icen said:

Same here - I downgraded to 16.1 and the video playback went back to normal. I believe it's because Kodi v17+ isn't supporting amcodec which v16 has.

Makes sense...I'm thinking of downgrading too as running 17 for the past few weeks has been somewhat frustrating with lagging performance. I think that until this is remedied it would be best to say that the 1900 is not optimized to work with 17, or maybe it is better stated that "Kodi17 isn't optimized to work with amcodec devices".

Would this be a fair statement @Justin?

On 3/13/2017 at 8:40 PM, ksmitty said:

Makes sense...I'm thinking of downgrading too as running 17 for the past few weeks has been somewhat frustrating with lagging performance. I think that until this is remedied it would be best to say that the 1900 is not optimized to work with 17, or maybe it is better stated that "Kodi17 isn't optimized to work with amcodec devices".

Would this be a fair statement @Justin?

Kodi 17 went to the mediaplayer codec which is Android's video player.

So yes it no longer works with amcodec, but this part was fixed in Android 5.1 on Amlogic devices.

Hi Justin - I again tried to upgrade to Kodi 17.0 using Google Play (on a 1900AC) and still had occasional video choppiness and stutter. I then tried the latest nightly Kodi 17.1 APK build and had the same issue. It may be that the material I'm viewing is changing frame rates during playback (ie. ~30fps down to ~24fps and back for certain CGI'ed scenes, as it's older 4:3 tv shows) - might that be the cause?

Kodi 16.1 plays everything I can throw at it without issue, and I did not need to change any playback settings within the software, just install and go.

On 3/16/2017 at 11:59 AM, icen said:

Hi Justin - I again tried to upgrade to Kodi 17.0 using Google Play (on a 1900AC) and still had occasional video choppiness and stutter. I then tried the latest nightly Kodi 17.1 APK build and had the same issue. It may be that the material I'm viewing is changing frame rates during playback (ie. ~30fps down to ~24fps and back for certain CGI'ed scenes, as it's older 4:3 tv shows) - might that be the cause?

Kodi 16.1 plays everything I can throw at it without issue, and I did not need to change any playback settings within the software, just install and go.

If you read through the reviews of 17 on the Playstore, you will see this is being reported for a ton of users.

Have you tried using SPMC instead?

http://spmc.semperpax.com/