Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vlad

How to access added internal 1TB WD HDD from my PC?

Hi, I added 1TB WD HDD to MyGica 1900pro. I expected to see it in my network on my PC, but looks like I can't, as it is connected as USB drive to MyGica (?!). How I can make it accessible from my PC, so I can sync my new pictures and movies?  My PC and MyGica are both connected to a router (wired and wireless). Any ideas?

Thanks

On 3/11/2017 at 0:32 PM, Vlad said:

Hi, I added 1TB WD HDD to MyGica 1900pro. I expected to see it in my network on my PC, but looks like I can't, as it is connected as USB drive to MyGica (?!). How I can make it accessible from my PC, so I can sync my new pictures and movies?  My PC and MyGica are both connected to a router (wired and wireless). Any ideas?

Thanks

This app looks like it will do what you want

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrtstudio.SyncFolders&hl=en

Hi Vlad, 

As an experience, i would not suggest you share your Hard drive using your MyGica Android box.  but if you still want to try it once a while trying this post 

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/five-apps/five-android-apps-to-help-you-connect-to-network-storage/

Since Android OS lollipop does not have its own sharing app, you have to use 3rd party apps, which can not stay active 24/7. 

we always suggested our customers move the files via File Manager HD app, Xplore app over Internet, but not from PC to your box. 

hope this clears some info,  and let us know if any more questions.

Please help.

I installed a 1TB drive into my MyGica 1900Pro but it does not show up anywhere as an available storage space.

I took it out and tested on my Windows10 machine, formatted it - work fine in PC but back into the 1900Pro nothing shows up.

Any ideas? (Maybe Lollipop needs a specific driver to recognize a Hard Drive?)

if harddrive have any security setup, that would not show up.  but if you are hooking it up at the bottom of the unit it should show up as long as you have formatted it as NTFS or exFAT.