Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DDD

ATV 380 5.1 update

ATV 380 5.1 update

I Installed 5.1 onto ATV380. Now unit running soooooo slow. Is there a fix yet so I can update to kodi 17.1?  I cant even get kodi 16.1 now since they no longer support below 5.0. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. I have 4 boxes in my house and will be disheartened to say the least there now a few paper weights

Same issue on my ATV 380 with 5.1 update.  

Tried the update to fixed the youtube audio cut out issue, video pausing, and de-video/audio sync issues I've seen, and to try and install Kodi 17 on the box.

Now my ATV380 is like 10 time slower than it used to be.  Almost as if the CPU Max value is set to 10%.

Almost a minute to open the google play store app.  Still in the process of typing in my andoid av box google id and password 

I have 2 ATV 380's which I hope are also not paperweights

14 hours ago, Mygica1800 said:

Same issue on my ATV 380 with 5.1 update.  

Tried the update to fixed the youtube audio cut out issue, video pausing, and de-video/audio sync issues I've seen, and to try and install Kodi 17 on the box.

Now my ATV380 is like 10 time slower than it used to be.  Almost as if the CPU Max value is set to 10%.

Almost a minute to open the google play store app.  Still in the process of typing in my andoid av box google id and password 

I have 2 ATV 380's which I hope are also not paperweights

The 5.1 update is not meant to be used on the 380

That is why you are having issues with your box being very slow

On 3/15/2017 at 0:44 PM, Justin said:

The 5.1 update is not meant to be used on the 380

That is why you are having issues with your box being very slow

Pretty sure there was talk in the past about the 5.1 firmware update (was a beta I believe) for this box, and was advertised as future up-gradable on the retail box 

My wife's Sky Android phone is running 5.1 with half the specs of the 380 .

This is the 2nd Mygica product line which has let me down (HD Cap X is the other)

Wont be buying any more Mygica android devices in the future.  Junked my two 380, and 1800 (on kijiji) in favor of some intel core 2 dual machine.  Run way smoother than the Mygica boxes ever did, and got them for a good price from Microsoft hardware refurbished (Who wants Dual Core machines now a-days :-)