Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Haleysoltau

ATV586 5.1 Update?

ATV586 5.1 Update?

You released a 5.0 update for several builds and a 5.1 update for 1900.  But ATV586 is still on 4.4.  I would like to update Kodi but I can't do that.  When are you releasing a new version for my build?

On 3/13/2017 at 7:33 PM, Haleysoltau said:

ATV586 5.1 Update?

You released a 5.0 update for several builds and a 5.1 update for 1900.  But ATV586 is still on 4.4.  I would like to update Kodi but I can't do that.  When are you releasing a new version for my build?

We will be releasing a fork of Kodi 17 + its source code on the play store

We plan to release it this month.

It will work on your 586

Is there an update yet for the upgrade from 4.4 to 5.0 lolipop so i can get KODI krypton on my mycica 586.

I have tried to install the 1900 A,, but it would not work   

the script  file read. " this package is for stvm8 devices this is a stvm8b device"

is there some other firmware that is compatable?

thanks

On 3/16/2017 at 11:09 PM, RYBAT said:

Is there an update yet for the upgrade from 4.4 to 5.0 lolipop so i can get KODI krypton on my mycica 586.

I have tried to install the 1900 A,, but it would not work   

the script  file read. " this package is for stvm8 devices this is a stvm8b device"

is there some other firmware that is compatable?

thanks

Read my post above yours.

----

We do not have 5.1 available for the 586

Reading through this forum was sad and depressing until I read this thread. I just purchased this product the other day at a discounted price and on final sale. No refund. Being as I live in Canada there are not many options for a combination OTA tuner and Andriod box at a reasonable price. The other one I came across had terrible reviews claiming that it ceased functioning after about 15 months. The videos that I came across for this product portrayed it as a very good option. The selling point for me was the option to use it as a PVR for OTA broadcasts. I am still in the process of setting it up and at this moment am downloading the current build. I am hoping that there are not many issues. If there are for me I certainly hope that they have been addressed in an upcoming build. I as well plan to update to Kodi Krypton once this update is released. 

It really sad that some people actually paid more than 140.00 for this device and cannot use it for more than what was promised on the box.....I will never buy a my gica product again...no updates...nothing to look forward too...my 23..00 chinese box runs better....I will never recommend this or any other product from my gica...I bought this 5 monthes ago and at half price which was 70.00 i now feel it was so overpriced....there are so many good boxes that I probably could have dropped my money on but I read the box and said..."Hey ...this is a good deal"....not...........................................Just my thoughts..............................Gica out!!......

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:48 PM, Spkenny2 said:

I paid precisely $163.71CAD on March 22 2017. Please do not make me regret it. 

I am having problems with the EPG and accuracy. I am in Toronto and get 31 OTA channels which is good seeing I get only 9 more with my high end Sony. EPG is erratic, I am trying to set programming for daily shows and find it hit and miss..i get a message during the day when at work almost like a warning it is changing channels..i am not there to authorize so it goes un recorded. Any way of setting up manual recordings so it will record a date and time on a channel no matter if EPG is wanting to work that day? Any experiences or tips?

After toying with for quite some time. I personally have found the following. The EPG on this device is unreliable. 

I then attempted to use the MyGica Media Center (Fork for Kodi Krypton) as an alternative for PVR but PVR services within this program are unavailable.

Kodi Jarvis is available to do this however.

OH cant use an android device as a backend server

So to do that you need to set up a computer as a backend server. (or other device, Linux, Mac, or Windows)

Upon using my desktop computer I found that the server has to have the TV Tuner.  Found that my desktop has an analog tuner.   Canada and USA no longer broadcast in this format.

I then went to BestBuy and purchased a USB Tuner.

Thought to myself rather than using wifi from the other room, I'll just plug it into my laptop and use the CAT5 cables.  

Oh Snap. Laptop is running Windows 10. Can't use Windows Media Center.

Found a hack to make that work.

Had to find extra files to make media center recognize the digital part of the usb tuner

Found that windows media center has a well working EPG

Installed files on laptop to make it a backend server

Installed PVR app on MyGica only to find that after messing with it I must have set it up incorrectly as I'm getting jittery audio

Found out that any Android device that cannot be upgraded to Lollipop cannot run Kodi Krypton. Aside from MyGicas workaround.

Tonight found out tonight that streams are changing over from http:// to https:// versions before Krypton do not recognize the new streams. So if you cannot upgrade to Android 5.0 your device will be basically useless in the Kodi department.

Found that having Kodi, USB Tuner, Windows Media Center all on my laptop, hooked up to an external hard drive, with a small hand held USB keyboard with touchpad will suit me just fine as it has a working EPG for at least 14 days in advance. For OTA, Cable, and Sattelite.

I routed my HDMI through my stereo then to my flatscreen TV.

I'm sure that my laptop will be able to run Krypton just fine.

I can install Teamviewer on my iPhone (or iPad or other computer or Android phone) and my laptop so that I can look in on and control my laptop from anywhere there is internet access.

So what do I need the MyGica Box for?

Well to run Mobdro. (cause using bluestacks on the computer for it does not work well and you wont get support from Mobdro to do so as they frown highly upon it)

I have other devices that can run Mobdro though. But I can't return the MyGica box.

Only a couple problems remain turning on the laptop remotely and having all the things I want in a small compact unit.

How about someone builds a machine to suit the consumers needs? Perhaps one does exist. I'm about done looking though.

To use Kodi as a PVR check into this link.  NOTE: Andriod currently cannot be used as a backend server.

http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR_recording_software

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 2:36 PM, rgibson3468 said:

I am having problems with the EPG and accuracy. I am in Toronto and get 31 OTA channels which is good seeing I get only 9 more with my high end Sony. EPG is erratic, I am trying to set programming for daily shows and find it hit and miss..i get a message during the day when at work almost like a warning it is changing channels..i am not there to authorize so it goes un recorded. Any way of setting up manual recordings so it will record a date and time on a channel no matter if EPG is wanting to work that day? Any experiences or tips?

In short. Find a more reliable means.

Homeworx device from BestBuy, judging from the reviews is not an option.

In regards to OTA info check these sites

http://overtheair.saveandreplay.com/

http://www.tvfool.com/

I should have read this forum before buying as the only reason was the EPG for my mother in law...with that not working I have a weak tuning device that can play movies but I could have used a spare computer to do that....and the audio lag with video is always happening, this due to underpowered box I assume?

On April 7, 2017 at 10:26 AM, rgibson3468 said:

I should have read this forum before buying as the only reason was the EPG for my mother in law...with that not working I have a weak tuning device that can play movies but I could have used a spare computer to do that....and the audio lag with video is always happening, this due to underpowered box I assume?

I have seen in other posts that the audio lag experienced with the OTA broadcasts does not seem to affect recordings 

Audio lag when watching live OTA can be corrected by simply changing the channel back and forth

I assume that yes this has to do with the device rendering the video and the lack of available RAM  (1 GB DDR3 RAM)

If you check around in the forums you will find many issues and complaints regarding this particular device as wel as others.

Issues include

EPG functionality

No Bluetooth, yet was advertised on the packaging.

Inability to upgrade above Andriod Kit Kat 4.4 (this is due to the manufacturer of the chipset) in turn this causes problems with upgrading to Kodi Krypton 17.0 or 17.1

It would seem to me that this box was built with the intention of it having to be replaced within only a couple of years thus feeding the corporate cow.

image.jpeg

I was on the fence between a Channel Master receiver with EPG and PVR at three times the price...I guess you get what you pay for....me it is an over priced local media player.

21 hours ago, rgibson3468 said:

I was on the fence between a Channel Master receiver with EPG and PVR at three times the price...I guess you get what you pay for....me it is an over priced local media player.

I was looking up the Channel Master DVR + just this morning. Pricey. Does not have Kodi. Will connect you to an IPTV Service that is a Pay Per View Service $$$$$ Also requires a Hard Drive unless you purchase the one that comes with. Again $$$

I was also looking at the MyGica IPC 3700 as an alternative (Windows Operating System) thinking to put my USB TV Tuner to it

However on my current PC 

Running Avanquest Antivirus software, Kodi Krypton, The TV Tuner and associated software it is using 2.3GB RAM

The IPC 3700 only has 2 GB

My Gica ATV 1960  would work. However It's not yet available. Or so it would seem. 

On 4/9/2017 at 1:09 PM, Spkenny2 said:

I was looking up the Channel Master DVR + just this morning. Pricey. Does not have Kodi. Will connect you to an IPTV Service that is a Pay Per View Service $$$$$ Also requires a Hard Drive unless you purchase the one that comes with. Again $$$

I was also looking at the MyGica IPC 3700 as an alternative (Windows Operating System) thinking to put my USB TV Tuner to it

However on my current PC 

Running Avanquest Antivirus software, Kodi Krypton, The TV Tuner and associated software it is using 2.3GB RAM

The IPC 3700 only has 2 GB

My Gica ATV 1960  would work. However It's not yet available. Or so it would seem. 

I am currently testing a 1960 with Dual Tuner
It is not ready yet for retail.

So at this time, I do not have a date as to when it will come out.

Will it be obsolete by the time it is ready for market?

MyGica ATV1960 Mini PC probable* specs

• SoC: Amlogic S912
  • CPU: octa-core Cortex A53 (up to 2 GHz)
  • GPU: Mali-T820MP3 (up to 750MHz)
  • RAM: 2GB DDR3
  • ROM: 16GB eMMC
  • LAN: Gigabit
  • Wi-fi: 802.11b/g/n
  • USB: 4 x USB 2.0 host
  • Audio/Video: HDMI 2.0
  • Other:SD card reader, Bluetooth™

* - specs might change upon release

The newest version of Android is Nougat . 7.0 - 7.1.2 Released August 22, 2016.

Do you think that 2GB DDR3 RAM is enough?

DoAmlogic logo.pngandARM Logoplan to support new versions of Andriod?

Or should consumers expect more of this kind of response?

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:17 AM, Justin said:

We rely on our chipset supplier AmLogic for OS updates to Android

They only offer Android 4.4 for the S805 Chipset that is being used on the ATV 586.
They do have an alpha version of 5.1, but it is very buggy and not stable.  They have told us they will not update this version either.

Also not sure what you mean by it won't become possible to use KODI 16 anymore??
KODI 16 has always worked for Android 4.2+ and will continue to do so.

Bear this in mind this was your response not even 2 years after the release of the ATV586.

Note the proposed release date in this post by Nick

I understand that the issue at hand is not solely that of MyGica's alone. It is shared with the CPU manufacturer.

Keep in mind that the S912 was scheduled for release in the second quarter of 2016. Making the CPU a year old already.

As well what are the benchmark speeds of this CPU?

According to Wikipedia they are not as they first stated.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amlogic#Media_player_SoCs_.28S9_family.29

60px-Information_icon4.svg.png

On August 28, 2016, all members of the S9 family were reported to be internally limited to 1.5 GHz instead of the advertised 2.0 GHz clock rate. As of that date, it was not clear if the limitation was due to hardware, firmware or software issues.

I was able to return my ATV586 device to where I purchased it for store credit as it was returned after 18 days.

The others here remain disgruntled.

As mentioned in a previous post I am now running a USB Tuner, Kodi 17.1, variant of Windows Media Center 8.1, on my Acer E1-572P (Windows 10.0), USB connected Hard Drive

I'm using Media Center as a backend server and Kodi as the front end to achive PVR functionality via Kodi (can also be done through Media Center)

The EPG through Media Center offers scheduling for 14 days (most channels)

I can control my stereo, TV, and the majority of Kodi's functionality with my Logitech Harmony remote (purchased with the store credit) and a IR USB device called FLIRC.

For keyboard I can use my Bluetooth mouse and the onscreen keyboard or any other Bluetooth or wireless USB keyboard.

This setup took plenty of time, research, trial, and error to get functioning properly.

Only thing missing is Mobdro. I know how to get it on my Windows device but it does not function well. Mobdro does not offer support unless it is on an Andriod device.

I can get IPTV through 3rd party apps for Kodi if my heart desires.

I am no programmer, I do however possess slightly more than novice computer knowledge. I was able to get this working in my spare time in about a week.

My setup cost me my laptop that I already possessed, hard drive already possessed (reclaimed from old desktop made into external), under $200 for additional equiptment,

You guys are on the right track with the ATV 1960

However, consumers expect longevity and proper functionality of purchased items. Technology changes but people can't afford nor want to replace devices every few years.

Suggestion if I may, perhaps you guys thought of it already, add more functionality to the KR series remotes. Think Harmony remotes. No one likes their coffee table filled with multiple remotes for all their devices.

19 hours ago, Spkenny2 said:

Will it be obsolete by the time it is ready for market?

MyGica ATV1960 Mini PC probable* specs

• SoC: Amlogic S912
  • CPU: octa-core Cortex A53 (up to 2 GHz)
  • GPU: Mali-T820MP3 (up to 750MHz)
  • RAM: 2GB DDR3
  • ROM: 16GB eMMC
  • LAN: Gigabit
  • Wi-fi: 802.11b/g/n
  • USB: 4 x USB 2.0 host
  • Audio/Video: HDMI 2.0
  • Other:SD card reader, Bluetooth™

* - specs might change upon release

The newest version of Android is Nougat . 7.0 - 7.1.2 Released August 22, 2016.

Do you think that 2GB DDR3 RAM is enough?

DoAmlogic logo.pngandARM Logoplan to support new versions of Andriod?

Or should consumers expect more of this kind of response?

Bear this in mind this was your response not even 2 years after the release of the ATV586.

Note the proposed release date in this post by Nick

I understand that the issue at hand is not solely that of MyGica's alone. It is shared with the CPU manufacturer.

Keep in mind that the S912 was scheduled for release in the second quarter of 2016. Making the CPU a year old already.

As well what are the benchmark speeds of this CPU?

According to Wikipedia they are not as they first stated.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amlogic#Media_player_SoCs_.28S9_family.29

60px-Information_icon4.svg.png

On August 28, 2016, all members of the S9 family were reported to be internally limited to 1.5 GHz instead of the advertised 2.0 GHz clock rate. As of that date, it was not clear if the limitation was due to hardware, firmware or software issues.

I was able to return my ATV586 device to where I purchased it for store credit as it was returned after 18 days.

The others here remain disgruntled.

As mentioned in a previous post I am now running a USB Tuner, Kodi 17.1, variant of Windows Media Center 8.1, on my Acer E1-572P (Windows 10.0), USB connected Hard Drive

I'm using Media Center as a backend server and Kodi as the front end to achive PVR functionality via Kodi (can also be done through Media Center)

The EPG through Media Center offers scheduling for 14 days (most channels)

I can control my stereo, TV, and the majority of Kodi's functionality with my Logitech Harmony remote (purchased with the store credit) and a IR USB device called FLIRC.

For keyboard I can use my Bluetooth mouse and the onscreen keyboard or any other Bluetooth or wireless USB keyboard.

This setup took plenty of time, research, trial, and error to get functioning properly.

Only thing missing is Mobdro. I know how to get it on my Windows device but it does not function well. Mobdro does not offer support unless it is on an Andriod device.

I can get IPTV through 3rd party apps for Kodi if my heart desires.

I am no programmer, I do however possess slightly more than novice computer knowledge. I was able to get this working in my spare time in about a week.

My setup cost me my laptop that I already possessed, hard drive already possessed (reclaimed from old desktop made into external), under $200 for additional equiptment,

You guys are on the right track with the ATV 1960

However, consumers expect longevity and proper functionality of purchased items. Technology changes but people can't afford nor want to replace devices every few years.

Suggestion if I may, perhaps you guys thought of it already, add more functionality to the KR series remotes. Think Harmony remotes. No one likes their coffee table filled with multiple remotes for all their devices.

Our ATV 1960 will come with 3GB DDR4 Ram using the S912.
S912 did not fully start being used by manufacturers till Q1 2017.  So it is still the newest processor available from Amlogic
And after meeting with them at CES with a follow up afterwards, they have no Road Map available yet for 2017.
I will be at the NAB show next week in Las Vegas, so I will follow up with Amlogic again to see what there road map is.

The ATV 1960 will run on Android 6.
7.1 is out from Amlogic, but if you read XDA forums, you will see it is not ready for use yet.
So need to wait for Amlogics next SDK
Plus it will take about 3-4 months to optimize 7.1 for TV tuner use, since it is using a different kernel version + is 64 Bit Android instead of 32 Bit.

As for the 1.5GHZ claim, this is actually true, as it was brought up by a very big electronics supplier and all of the news was exposed mainly on CNX software's website.
This we can do nothing about, as this is purely a chipset hardware problem, so we can only blame Amlogic for this one.
 I could be wrong on this being a hardware issue, but from what I remember this was the case.

Windows Media Center works well for almost any USB TV tuner, so I am not going to disagree with you here.

Thanks for the response Justin. 

Obviously there is a demand for combination OTA, Kodi devices with PVR/EPG functionality. 

Hopefully the demand can be met to satisfy the end consumer. 

I have a suitable solution for myself for the time being. 

I look forward to seeing the new product when it is available. 

Regards. 

On 4/19/2017 at 0:12 AM, Spkenny2 said:

Thanks for the response Justin. 

Obviously there is a demand for combination OTA, Kodi devices with PVR/EPG functionality. 

Hopefully the demand can be met to satisfy the end consumer. 

I have a suitable solution for myself for the time being. 

I look forward to seeing the new product when it is available. 

Regards. 

SPkenny2,  this is what I simply don't get?  I agree it seems to be a demand for this combined functionality but only a few companies seem to offer this (Dune, Wetek & MyGica/Geniatech). a couple of others are no longer available skystream x5 , auralive,...  Why is this?  & better yet why can't or won't Mygica dedicate more resources to getting this ATV1950 or 1960 to market?

On 4/25/2017 at 2:35 PM, kahlilj said:

SPkenny2,  this is what I simply don't get?  I agree it seems to be a demand for this combined functionality but only a few companies seem to offer this (Dune, Wetek & MyGica/Geniatech). a couple of others are no longer available skystream x5 , auralive,...  Why is this?  & better yet why can't or won't Mygica dedicate more resources to getting this ATV1950 or 1960 to market?

Hybrid Android ATSC solutions are not to common, as not many factories are capable of making ATSC work on Android.
Geniatech is one of few capable of doing this, you will see lots of others can do DVB-T/T2 though.

Skystream X5 was actually manufacturerd by Geniatech for Skystream, as you can see it uses the same casing as our 1800E.

We will have the 1960 available in June or July, as there is still some major work to be done on the Dual Tuner.

On 5/2/2017 at 2:00 PM, Justin said:

Hybrid Android ATSC solutions are not to common, as not many factories are capable of making ATSC work on Android.
Geniatech is one of few capable of doing this, you will see lots of others can do DVB-T/T2 though.

Skystream X5 was actually manufacturerd by Geniatech for Skystream, as you can see it uses the same casing as our 1800E.

We will have the 1960 available in June or July, as there is still some major work to be done on the Dual Tuner.

I just read your other post in another forum on here, but saying the 1960 WITHOUT a TV tuner is coming.  That's disappointing to hear.

but WE WANT the tuner built in.  Is Mygica not going to offer a product with this feature at all?

Props to Justin for replying. I love my ATV586 but alas there are many issues with the unit. I had some free points from shoppers drug mart in canada so I did not pay full price. (thank gawd)

One of my main issues is the sound from the tuner bleeding into the kodi program and the unit requiring a reboot.

Suffice to say I have moved on and invested into a himedia octa core box and I could not be happier. Android 5.1 and kodi 16. Runs like a charm.

If you going to get a mygica check those specs and look for forums and reviews online. No point buying something that has issues or will be limited in terms of upgrades.

Btw what is the fix for that sound thing?

On 5/6/2017 at 1:25 PM, kahlilj said:

I just read your other post in another forum on here, but saying the 1960 WITHOUT a TV tuner is coming.  That's disappointing to hear.

but WE WANT the tuner built in.  Is Mygica not going to offer a product with this feature at all?

Please refer to my last comment I made in my post.

On 5/11/2017 at 3:11 PM, dyalect said:

Props to Justin for replying. I love my ATV586 but alas there are many issues with the unit. I had some free points from shoppers drug mart in canada so I did not pay full price. (thank gawd)

One of my main issues is the sound from the tuner bleeding into the kodi program and the unit requiring a reboot.

Suffice to say I have moved on and invested into a himedia octa core box and I could not be happier. Android 5.1 and kodi 16. Runs like a charm.

If you going to get a mygica check those specs and look for forums and reviews online. No point buying something that has issues or will be limited in terms of upgrades.

Btw what is the fix for that sound thing?

Thanks for the feedback, and sorry you feel this way.

As for the sound issue you post, I tried 3 different units at my desk as I have the ATSC signal at my desk and I cannot reproduce this issue.