Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stormy

Cannot connect to network

Cannot connect to network

New user, cannot get any connection to my network, ethernet or wi-fi.  I did update the firmware and noticed that the ethernet connection light came on, for the first time, but only when in the menu mode.  As soon as I rebooted (and the OS kicked in) the green light went off and thus no ethernet connection.  Also, system does see my wifi network but again will not connect to it... any thoughts?

Update:  I also updated router firmware (Linksys 2500) and now the ethernet connection light comes on when the Mygica 1900 box is in standard mode, but still does not see the connection.  I have tried all of the "fixes" listed elsewhere in this site - wifi is off, ethernet is on, router unplugged for 2 minutes, router rebooted, cache cleared, but no connection.  Also tried wifi on, ethernet off and unplugged, Gica sees wifi network but will not connect.  If it helps, my internet connection is 10 Mbps, upload 1 Mbps, but I can't even get the Gica box to recognize the router, let alone internet.  And yes, other devices plug and play on this ethernet connection no problem - LG Smart TV, laptops, playstation.

Similar problem. 1900 Pro, 40MBPS fibre internet, GB LAN.

Been thru wifi off, rest router, etc.  Upgraded firmware and factory reset.  Swopped out routers (took out ISP supplied router with their FW and put in a Netgear) and got a connection (DHCP) immediately.  Worked well for a few days and then stopped, mid movie, last night.

Now, no connection on DHCP.  A static connection shows connected but no connectivity and the iP doesn't show in a network scan.  I plugged in my 582 and it works (finished the movie) so definitely not a cable / switch, etc issue.

Incidently, I can connect via wifi, but no soundtrack in Plex or Kodi.

Please help!  I'm relatively network savvy but the1900 is only a few days old and this is very frustrating. 

Update:

Following route to set up LAN connection:

Homepage > Settings > More Settings > Preferences > More Settings >  WiFi > Off  > Ethernet > On > Ethernet Configuration > Static {fill in IP addresses} > Save.

Exit and POWER OFF for a few minutes. A normal reboot does not seem to work but a proper power cycle does.  Also, setting the ethernet config in the"deep" settings seems to be better than under the Settings homepage.

I'll monitor and report back on the stability of the connection, after router reboots, power failures, etc.