Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Philip Bondi

Two problems: "Area" for ATSC search // antennuator

Hello to all:

I live in Mississauga, Ontario.  I have a chimney mounted antenna with amplifier.

I bought an ATV-586, yesterday.  Out-of-the-box, it would not let me sign-in to the Google play store using valid credentials.  Nor would it scan for channels.  The "Area" out-of-the-box was set to "U.S./Canada/ATSC".

So I updated firmware.

First, I tried  update_Mygica_ATV586I_4.4_20160513.zip.  Now "Area" options are either "Ecuador/Chile/Brazil/Argentina".  There are no other options.
Second, I tried update_Mygica_ATV586T2_4.4_20160513.zip.  Area options remain "Ecuador/Chile/Brazil/Argentina".  Google play store works

Third, I tried update_Mygica_ATV586T2_4.4_20160616.zip.  Area options remain "Ecuador/Chile/Brazil/Argentina".  Google play store works

Lastly, I tried factory reset update_MyGica_ATV586-A_20151102.zip.  Area options remain "Ecuador/Chile/Brazil/Argentina".  Google play store works

I'll try to buy an antennuator tomorrow at Save & Replay.  This post said this would reduce signal strength. 

Very disappointed regarding "As for the Bluetooth not working, this was a misprint on the giftbox packaging. The 586 does not have Bluetooth. "  Why was the labelling not modified by retailer?! (Canada Computers)

On 3/18/2017 at 0:03 AM, Philip Bondi said:

Hello to all:

I live in Mississauga, Ontario.  I have a chimney mounted antenna with amplifier.

I bought an ATV-586, yesterday.  Out-of-the-box, it would not let me sign-in to the Google play store using valid credentials.  Nor would it scan for channels.  The "Area" out-of-the-box was set to "U.S./Canada/ATSC".

So I updated firmware.

First, I tried  update_Mygica_ATV586I_4.4_20160513.zip.  Now "Area" options are either "Ecuador/Chile/Brazil/Argentina".  There are no other options.
Second, I tried update_Mygica_ATV586T2_4.4_20160513.zip.  Area options remain "Ecuador/Chile/Brazil/Argentina".  Google play store works

Third, I tried update_Mygica_ATV586T2_4.4_20160616.zip.  Area options remain "Ecuador/Chile/Brazil/Argentina".  Google play store works

Lastly, I tried factory reset update_MyGica_ATV586-A_20151102.zip.  Area options remain "Ecuador/Chile/Brazil/Argentina".  Google play store works

I'll try to buy an antennuator tomorrow at Save & Replay.  This post said this would reduce signal strength. 

Very disappointed regarding "As for the Bluetooth not working, this was a misprint on the giftbox packaging. The 586 does not have Bluetooth. "  Why was the labelling not modified by retailer?! (Canada Computers)

All of the Firmwares you are trying are for different countries using different signals

T2 and ISDB-T are different from ATSC.

You can find the latest 586-ATSC FW by going here