Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canadadave

I've lost my Opening Screen for the Mygica 1800E !!

I've lost my Opening Screen for the Mygica 1800E !!

Hey  friends ......I’ve lost my Opening Mygica Screen  !!  

This happened when I loaded in a OpenELEC program a few weeks ago. When I boot into my Mygica 1800 E  Box  I bypass the opening screen (it’s gone) and open up directly into the Kodi  start up screen.  (  Kodi 15.2 Isengard)  .  I’m unable to use the Opening Easy menu screen to add any new add-ons or updates such as Jarvis or Krypton 17.1.   I’m also unable to view Netflix or visit the Mygica Store.  YIKES !!!    I’ve tried to install AresWizard and was successful but when I reboot the OpenELEC program it doesn't allow me to add a new build such as PULSE.  

Is there any way to bring back the original Opening screen ?

I’m sure I must have screwed this up myself !!!

Hoping to be back with a solid running 1800 E  in the near future.  :))

Thanking you in advance

Dave Goad, Newmarket, On.

I'll put this as simply as I can.

You had an android based OS (4.4 etc) with an android Google Play Store Kodi installed onto your android based OS.

You then installed (overwrote existing) a Linux-based openelec OS that does nothing but boot to whatever version of openelec Kodi you chose to install.

Thanks wjw for the info on my question.  I was unable to update Openelc to my existing box. It kept hanging up???

Tonight I tried to upgrade the firmware for the 1800E "   update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_20161121" but the upgrade just stopped and hung up.

Wow..yet another disaster with attempting to upgrade my 1800E.  

**  From your reply it looks like the android based OS firmware from MYGICA  reacted to the Linux-based openelec OS that I had installed previously.   DUHHHHHH 

Hopefully I didn't brick my 1800E.    Here's the info on the tv screen regarding my dilemma.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave

DSC06510.jpg

Hey wjw !!!     ALL is well ... I completed a factory reboot and nothing happened for 10 minutes and suddenly the 1800E came ALIVE !! 

Everything seems back to normal and the first screen reminded me of the original opening screen from 5 years ago !!..

Thanks for the critical info on NOT uploading  different system OS's. on an Android Box.

Learned a lesson...

Much appreciated ..

Dave from Newmarket