Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

steamer861

Internal HD issues

Internal HD issues

I'm having a bit of an issue with my 500 gig internal HD. On my 1900 Pro. If I create a folder & put any thing in it, let it sit for any amount of time. When I go back to file manager my HD does not show any more.

If I unplug the box, let it sit for a few minutes & plug it back in my HD reappears in File manager, but it's wiped, all files  & folders I put in it are gone :(

Kind of defeats the purpose of a huge internal HD.

Anyone have this issue? Any way to fix it?

That happened to me. Since I reused a Linux hard drive, it had an extra boot partition. I had to wipe the whole drive (deleted all partitions both hidden and visible) and reformatted accordingly.

Check if your drive has an extra boot partition. Delete it and reformat whole drive.

No problems after that.

Thanks for the reply SilverKingfisher :)

The HD was new, I formatted it with Disk Utility on my mac before I installed it into the 1900Pro.  I guess I could try formatting it again.

Thanks again for reply :)

So  formatted the drive again, still the same.  I created a folder put a few files in it, came back several hours later and it's gone folder and all the files.

Why does it keep wiping my files from the big HD? 

I assume you formatted the drive as exFat since you used MacOs disk utility. The recommended format is NTFS. The MyGica boxes are suppose to read/write ExFat drives but somehow, the 1900 pro does not. I read in another thread that this is a bug in the firmware.

If you can NTFS  format it in a Windows PC, try it again. Otherwise, Justin or the rest of the mods should chime in.

Thanks Again SilverKingfisher for the reply.  

This time I used a Windows PC, both times I formatted NTSF. This time  I even choose the slow option that took hours to format.

It's a brand new 500 gig  mini Sata drive, some times even the drive disappears from the file manager! At this point if I unplug the box & plug back in, the drive  reappears in the File manager.  I'm a little disappointed :( This box+ the drive wasn't cheap compared to other Android box's!

Another thing It don't connect to my iPhone via BT, I don't know why? I tried several times & it fails every time :( 

The BT not connecting isn't as big as an issue for me any way, But the drive has to work!

I did a little more investigating & it wipes at shut down, every time it goes to sleep or gets shut down. the HD gets wiped :(

A lot of apps seem to have permission to make changes to storage :( I have not add to many other apps that didn't come pre installed.

I removed advanced task killer & cache cleaner to see if it was any of them. It still did it, it must be an app or some system setting that wipes my drive upon reboot.

So I got it figured out :)  The HD creates 2 folders when installed in the 1900 Pro  0 & 1.  I was creating a new folder on the root, & it got wiped on reboot every time.

This time I created a new folder in the 0 folder & it don't get wiped any more :) This for me is good news, now I have 500 gigs of storage, like was intended with this box design :)

20 hours ago, steamer861 said:

So I got it figured out :)  The HD creates 2 folders when installed in the 1900 Pro  0 & 1.  I was creating a new folder on the root, & it got wiped on reboot every time.

This time I created a new folder in the 0 folder & it don't get wiped any more :) This for me is good news, now I have 500 gigs of storage, like was intended with this box design :)

Good to hear you got it working the way you wanted.

Hey Justin

Something I noticed about this box is if you have a hdd installed in the box while having hdd's plugged into the usb ports, the unit will reboot a bunch of times on it's own sometimes because it has a hard time figuring out what port each hdd is supposed to be assigned too. Doesn't reboot on it's own anymore since I removed the internal hdd. Also kind of curious why if this box is a 64 bit box why it only recognizes the 32 bit install file for Kodi and not the 64 bit install file for Kodi?

Bryan