Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim

ATV 586 Future

ATV 586 Future

I need some help in understanding of my Android box has any longevity.

It seems clear that an update to Android 5 is not going to happen based on chipset issues.

I also found out that there is supposed to be a version of Kodi 17 that will run on my box.

If so when is that going to happen, and is my 586 going to be obsolete? It's only a few months old.

Jim

On 3/31/2017 at 3:06 AM, Jim said:

ATV 586 Future

I need some help in understanding of my Android box has any longevity.

It seems clear that an update to Android 5 is not going to happen based on chipset issues.

I also found out that there is supposed to be a version of Kodi 17 that will run on my box.

If so when is that going to happen, and is my 586 going to be obsolete? It's only a few months old.

Jim

Kodi 17 Fork can be downloaded directly from here.  It will run on your 586

http://mygicasupport.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=3791

Also, the 586 was released in early 2015, so it is not a few months old.

Person means a few months after purchase which is the same situation I am in as well.

Out of sync audio/video is a constant problem with this product which I cannot figure out how to solve.

I run ATSC Antenna for non compressed OTA TV signal so I figure it is too much for this underpowered unit.

i am as well in the same situation i only purchase the Mygica 586 atv in  Canada in  January of 2017 so for us it is only a few months old and yes there should be a compasation for us becuase i dont this it is fare that after just a few months of usage i can update to a newer version of firmware.

Sorry that you ended up with the 586 within the last few months

It seems that one of our suppliers still had remaining stock on this model and that is why they were still being sold up until a few months ago.

We are trying to make Android 5.1 work on this model to make sure everyone is up to date and can use the boxes more properly.

Ended up....hmmmm....if the product is obsolete it should have been recalled..I work for a major hardware manufacturer you all have heard of and that is what we do if we have obsolete hardware out in the market place...or at least a hefty rebate towards something more useable.