Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vova_y

Kodi 17.1 audio passthrough issue

52 minutes ago, hazelbag said:

Okay, will give it a go. Will all my stuff on kodi transfer to it and will the look be the same as kodi?

It wont automatically transfer it.

If you have a way you use now to transfer stuff onto KODI, the same steps will work on SPMC

No I had to add everything manually. One more thing, is it possible to adopt a SD card for internal use? I have a Samsung Class 10 64GB SD card that I want to use on the box

HI,

I tried SPMC. Set up the audio settings to allow passthrough, AC3 and DTS capable receiver.

Digital sounds on ANdroid setup set to AUto - PCM

The file plays the DTS soundtrack, but sounds cutout every 5 seconds or so.

Changed the Android sounds to HDMI. File plays the DTS soundtrack but again sounds cutout every 5 seconds or so.

Disabled DTS capable reciever - Lost the DTS soundtrack. But at least the sound didn't cutout. ALso receiver defaulted to 2 channel when selecting straight audio.

SO essentially, Kodi works better for me to get the DTS / DOlby sound but i then have to live with rebooting the box after watching a DTS / Dolby movie in order to get sounds back on AAC / 2 Channel soundtracks.

12 hours ago, Bucks_Fizz said:

HI,

I tried SPMC. Set up the audio settings to allow passthrough, AC3 and DTS capable receiver.

Digital sounds on ANdroid setup set to AUto - PCM

The file plays the DTS soundtrack, but sounds cutout every 5 seconds or so.

Changed the Android sounds to HDMI. File plays the DTS soundtrack but again sounds cutout every 5 seconds or so.

Disabled DTS capable reciever - Lost the DTS soundtrack. But at least the sound didn't cutout. ALso receiver defaulted to 2 channel when selecting straight audio.

SO essentially, Kodi works better for me to get the DTS / DOlby sound but i then have to live with rebooting the box after watching a DTS / Dolby movie in order to get sounds back on AAC / 2 Channel soundtracks.

Ok thanks for the feedback

Were still looking at why there is an issue, which can only be fixed with a reboot.

For what it's worth, I'm having similar DTS related problems as Bucks_Fizz.

As he mentioned, SPMC is not a solution because the sound stutters every few seconds.

Fortunately, Kodi Krypton 17.1 works great but it requires a series of (somewhat annoying) steps:

Like Bucks_Fizz,  my audio settings enable passthrough, AC3, and DTS. With the # channels at 2.0, I start the movie. The audio won't play and the video stutters. While the movie is left playing, I go to System Settings/Audio and change the # channels from 2.0 to something else (e.g. 2.1) then back to 2.0. Then I exit the settings so I'm back to the playing movie. I hit 0 (zero) three or 4 times, then Play so the movie restarts from the beginning. At that point, the video and surround sound are perfect.

5 hours ago, QVortex said:

For what it's worth, I'm having similar DTS related problems as Bucks_Fizz.

As he mentioned, SPMC is not a solution because the sound stutters every few seconds.

Fortunately, Kodi Krypton 17.1 works great but it requires a series of (somewhat annoying) steps:

Like Bucks_Fizz,  my audio settings enable passthrough, AC3, and DTS. With the # channels at 2.0, I start the movie. The audio won't play and the video stutters. While the movie is left playing, I go to System Settings/Audio and change the # channels from 2.0 to something else (e.g. 2.1) then back to 2.0. Then I exit the settings so I'm back to the playing movie. I hit 0 (zero) three or 4 times, then Play so the movie restarts from the beginning. At that point, the video and surround sound are perfect.

Hi "Q"

Sort of defeats the object of having a "one box to rule them all" hehe.

I just wish we could get a resolution to the problem. My biggest fear is when Kodi 18 is released the issue just grows - Because to date, the question of IEC firmware has never been answered

The POINT is this - we bought a media player/streamer, it didn't cost $4.99, so then we should not be the ones figuring out - or trying - how to get it to play 2.1, 5.1, and 7.1. The MyGica ATV495 Pro is a very capable media streamer - but why must a guy pay $140.00 for that, and cannot stream 5.1 surround. But connecting say Netflix and Showmax through his tv with a optical cable back to his Receiver he can stream NetFix etc in 5.1.

I really believe that MyGica must now sort out this problem.

As someone who previously enjoyed using Western Digital's WDTV streaming box (and bought the MyGica as an "upgrade") I have to admit to having some buyer's remorse. At least the 495PRO's hardware seems adequate given that it seems to play DTS content fine after jumping through some hoops. Given time, hopefully someone (MyGica? Kodi? SPMC?) will figure out a solution.

I am a Audio Video retailer installer, and always on the lookout for a value for money product to introduce to my customers.

Now the MyGica ATV495 Pro seemed to be just that.

Honestly Picture and Audio quality wise I cannot fault it - value for money and all - BUT all my 5.1 and DTS customers are going to pass if the 5.1 Pass through is not sorted.

And for the people that want a simple stereo Media player/streamer, there are much cheaper options for the ones not really bothered about quality and the whole surround thing.

So yes, lets hop MyGica get this issue sorted soon, because then they have a potential winner on their hands.

We are still working on this

I know it has been longer then expected.

But we will have a better answer later this week.

Thanks

Justin

I agree Bucks_Fizz.

Sad though, the MyGica ATV 495Pro can be a neat little media box.

Just again listened to some WAV files through it with FOOBAR 2000 loaded as audio player - serious good sound quality, very well balanced and musical.

Only the 5.1 issue!

Hi Justin,

I see you answered a whole lot of threads yesterday but this one remains unresolved three months later. Will we ever get a resolution?

So this topic started on the 31st March 2017. Today is the 3rd August 2017!!

Will we ever get an answer to this issue - which seems to be affected more and more people every day.

Yes Bucks_Fizz, and now they released another MyGica ATV  495, smaller than the PRO in internal memory and RAM - but further the same thing - I suppose to make it cheaper for more marked penetration. BUT my point is - correct ALL the shortcomings in the current range and it will be a brilliant product that would sell more. I know I can't go and sell this with confidence anymore - I sell it now only to customers that has a stereo setup and that are not thinking in going 5.1 soon.

NOT GOOD MyGica, NOT GOOD!

Hi everyone,

Just popping in to mention that we have not given up on this and in fact it is one of my main concerns for getting this to work. Since we are going with a range of models on this chipset series, we obviously want this to be working.

I will update even if its bad news and I appreciate all of your patience.

Hi Justin. The main issue is with 5.1. Be it Dolby 5.1 or DTS

Let me reiterate :

You can can watch a file with 5.1 sound including DTS. The sound works fine with the settings on Passthrough enabled.

However, once you have watched the file with 5.1, you have to reboot the box in order to watch a file in 2.0 otherwise you have no sound.

So it is not the fact that the box does not play the file with 5.1 but rather that you cannot watch a file with 2.0 afterwards without resetting the box

Hope this clarifies

Further clarification:

The DTS soundtrack does play in surround although my recevier does not show it playing a DTS track - only DOlby Digital. Bear in mind though, that from KODI 17, there is no option to choose a DTS reciever - only receiver capable of decoding DTS soundtracks.

So the DTS issue may not just be a 495Pro issue, but the having to reboot each time you play a dolby file is

Ok this makes more sense to me now.

MyGicasupport admin and myself are actively trying this here all week and will work hard to get this issue resolved.

Sorry about the delay on this

Hi Justin:

If it helps, here's a bit more info. BTW, I'm using a 495Pro (Build MyGicaS905V1.30), Kodi 17.3 and an Onkyo Receiver.

When the 495Pro has a fresh restart, my Onkyo's front display shows "PL II Movie" (Pro Logic II) and I can hear system sounds as I navigate around the main MyGica menu.

When I start Kodi for the first time, the Onkyo switches to "All Ch St" (All Channel Stereo). I can hear the Kodi menu sounds and the MyGica system sounds continue working as well. At this point, I can successfully play (and hear) any 2.0 or 5.1 video. As long as I stick to 2.0 videos, the Onkyo keeps showing "All Ch St" and all menu/system sounds keep working. As soon as I play a 5.1 video, the Onkyo switches to "Dolby D". The 5.1 movie sounds great but all menu/system sounds stop working. I can continue playing 5.1 videos perfectly but 2.0 videos are now silent and the Onkyo remains at "Dolby D".

Like Bucks_Fizz mentions, the only way to play a 2.0 video (with sound) after playing a 5.1 video requires the 495Pro to be restarted.