Jump to content
vova_y

Kodi 17.1 audio passthrough issue

Recommended Posts

So a fix maybe in another 6 months or so...? The fact still remains..a product is being sold with listed capability that in reality does not work. This should not happen! It is testament to how poorly this device is designed and then sold under false pretense to innocent buyers out there. Poor souls! Not a day has gone by so far that I was not tremendously happy with my Apple TV 4K! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Support,

 

You need to understand our frustration! For months now we have been hearing we are working on the problem, yet nothing happens. We still sit with a box that does not do what the specs say it will do.

Worse than that, the box is still being marketed and sold as a high-end streamer capable of playing all Video and Audio formats.

And finally (and perhaps the most frustrating) is the two month intervals that go by before any feedback is given. In fact the only time we get some sort of response, is when we bump this topic to ensure it doesn't fall off the page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Bucks_Fizz said:

Hi Support,

 

You need to understand our frustration! For months now we have been hearing we are working on the problem, yet nothing happens. We still sit with a box that does not do what the specs say it will do.

Worse than that, the box is still being marketed and sold as a high-end streamer capable of playing all Video and Audio formats.

And finally (and perhaps the most frustrating) is the two month intervals that go by before any feedback is given. In fact the only time we get some sort of response, is when we bump this topic to ensure it doesn't fall off the page.

Trust me that I do understand the frustration. I am an avid user of these systems too, because I believe in them. It is important to us to continue to work on this issue. 

We still believe the unit is a high end streamer capable of playing almost all video types and files. We have constantly improved our ability to work with more and more advanced systems over the years and will be releasing new boxes next year that have a lot more options for audio.

That doesn't solve the issues for current customers though and we will not turn our back on you guys.  This has been tougher than we thought to sort out and required us to work with the chipset manufacturer to get it solved. My latest message from the engineers is that they are working on the patch right now. Hopefully we see something tangable very very soon.

 

Regarding your comment about only getting update when the topic is bumped, is that there havent been any updates to give. It would just be us popping in to say the same old thing that we have been saying, which makes people even more upset.

 

I will report back on this as soon as we get some more info in the coming days.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2017 at 12:59 AM, MyGica Support said:

We still believe the unit is a high end streamer capable of playing almost all video types and files. We have constantly improved our ability to work with more and more advanced systems over the years and will be releasing new boxes next year that have a lot more options for audio.

This statement worries me!! 

Yes the box plays most video formats. Yes it shows pictures. 

It does NOT play all soundtracks.

However the statement of "we are releasing new boxes with a lot more options for audio" tells me, as a customer and someone who has lived with the issues on this box for almost a year, that nothing will be done on the existing product line.

Rather be expected to go and get a new box with more options?

 

This is one customer who will not fall into that trap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2017 at 3:13 AM, Bucks_Fizz said:

This statement worries me!! 

Yes the box plays most video formats. Yes it shows pictures. 

It does NOT play all soundtracks.

However the statement of "we are releasing new boxes with a lot more options for audio" tells me, as a customer and someone who has lived with the issues on this box for almost a year, that nothing will be done on the existing product line.

Rather be expected to go and get a new box with more options?

 

This is one customer who will not fall into that trap

Bucks,

I understand your wanting to drive this home to make sure we aren't ditching you for new products but I thought I was clear on our intentions in my last lengthy post. We will NOT be giving up on this and we are working on a patch with AM logic.

I mentioned about the future products in attempt to show that we will make sure these types of issues are nipped in the butt before release of any new devices. This should not be taken as us encouraging you to ditch your $200 device and go with a new one from our company even though you were never happy with your previous device. This would be an absolute horrible marketing campaign for our brand and would likely lead to more problems than anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Bucks_Fizz is on to something, I wonder if there is a way to create a bulletin board system that was more visual with requests...something the staff could take as a tag and post on a virtual desk or something..so like a section "current issues" and their solution...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×