Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vova_y

Kodi 17.1 audio passthrough issue

So a fix maybe in another 6 months or so...? The fact still remains..a product is being sold with listed capability that in reality does not work. This should not happen! It is testament to how poorly this device is designed and then sold under false pretense to innocent buyers out there. Poor souls! Not a day has gone by so far that I was not tremendously happy with my Apple TV 4K! 

Hi Support,

You need to understand our frustration! For months now we have been hearing we are working on the problem, yet nothing happens. We still sit with a box that does not do what the specs say it will do.

Worse than that, the box is still being marketed and sold as a high-end streamer capable of playing all Video and Audio formats.

And finally (and perhaps the most frustrating) is the two month intervals that go by before any feedback is given. In fact the only time we get some sort of response, is when we bump this topic to ensure it doesn't fall off the page.

19 hours ago, Bucks_Fizz said:

Hi Support,

You need to understand our frustration! For months now we have been hearing we are working on the problem, yet nothing happens. We still sit with a box that does not do what the specs say it will do.

Worse than that, the box is still being marketed and sold as a high-end streamer capable of playing all Video and Audio formats.

And finally (and perhaps the most frustrating) is the two month intervals that go by before any feedback is given. In fact the only time we get some sort of response, is when we bump this topic to ensure it doesn't fall off the page.

Trust me that I do understand the frustration. I am an avid user of these systems too, because I believe in them. It is important to us to continue to work on this issue. 

We still believe the unit is a high end streamer capable of playing almost all video types and files. We have constantly improved our ability to work with more and more advanced systems over the years and will be releasing new boxes next year that have a lot more options for audio.

That doesn't solve the issues for current customers though and we will not turn our back on you guys.  This has been tougher than we thought to sort out and required us to work with the chipset manufacturer to get it solved. My latest message from the engineers is that they are working on the patch right now. Hopefully we see something tangable very very soon.

Regarding your comment about only getting update when the topic is bumped, is that there havent been any updates to give. It would just be us popping in to say the same old thing that we have been saying, which makes people even more upset.

I will report back on this as soon as we get some more info in the coming days.

On 11/23/2017 at 12:59 AM, MyGica Support said:

We still believe the unit is a high end streamer capable of playing almost all video types and files. We have constantly improved our ability to work with more and more advanced systems over the years and will be releasing new boxes next year that have a lot more options for audio.

This statement worries me!! 

Yes the box plays most video formats. Yes it shows pictures. 

It does NOT play all soundtracks.

However the statement of "we are releasing new boxes with a lot more options for audio" tells me, as a customer and someone who has lived with the issues on this box for almost a year, that nothing will be done on the existing product line.

Rather be expected to go and get a new box with more options?

This is one customer who will not fall into that trap

On 12/1/2017 at 3:13 AM, Bucks_Fizz said:

This statement worries me!! 

Yes the box plays most video formats. Yes it shows pictures. 

It does NOT play all soundtracks.

However the statement of "we are releasing new boxes with a lot more options for audio" tells me, as a customer and someone who has lived with the issues on this box for almost a year, that nothing will be done on the existing product line.

Rather be expected to go and get a new box with more options?

This is one customer who will not fall into that trap

Bucks,

I understand your wanting to drive this home to make sure we aren't ditching you for new products but I thought I was clear on our intentions in my last lengthy post. We will NOT be giving up on this and we are working on a patch with AM logic.

I mentioned about the future products in attempt to show that we will make sure these types of issues are nipped in the butt before release of any new devices. This should not be taken as us encouraging you to ditch your $200 device and go with a new one from our company even though you were never happy with your previous device. This would be an absolute horrible marketing campaign for our brand and would likely lead to more problems than anything else.

I think Bucks_Fizz is on to something, I wonder if there is a way to create a bulletin board system that was more visual with requests...something the staff could take as a tag and post on a virtual desk or something..so like a section "current issues" and their solution...?

On 1/14/2018 at 11:08 AM, Bucks_Fizz said:

So happy 2018 to one and all,

Has there been any progress made on this issue?

Hi bucks,

As you know, we sent around a patch to a few select people. We had a couple of success instances but mostly non-successful. We will continue pushing the engineers to update this.

12 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

Hi bucks,

As you know, we sent around a patch to a few select people. We had a couple of success instances but mostly non-successful. We will continue pushing the engineers to update this.

Did try the file that was sent and I now have an issue whereby the first few minutes the audio works on 5.1 and then it just goes silent. I have to then switch off audio passthrough.

On 1/16/2018 at 10:43 PM, MyGica Support said:

Hi bucks,

Hi Support,

Yip i was one of the non-succesful ones. Thanks for trying though and here's hoping the engineers are on the right track...

Thought i would check in to see of any movement on this issue. Unfortunately still nothing.

I also have to look at alternatives. Currently my 495 pro is gathering dust in a drawer and i use a laptop with HDMI connected instead.

Will be checking other TV Boxes over the next couple of months...

Sorry Mygica - won't be any of your products

12 hours ago, Bucks_Fizz said:

Thought i would check in to see of any movement on this issue. Unfortunately still nothing.

I also have to look at alternatives. Currently my 495 pro is gathering dust in a drawer and i use a laptop with HDMI connected instead.

Will be checking other TV Boxes over the next couple of months...

Sorry Mygica - won't be any of your products

Hi Bucks,

Can you please try this all on kodi 17.4? I have been getting more and more users messaging me saying that that version does not have the issue.

13 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

Hi Bucks,

Can you please try this all on kodi 17.4? I have been getting more and more users messaging me saying that that version does not have the issue.

There are issues and issues.

Firstly, Kodi is an addon to MyGica, no matter if it is recommended as an addon or not. If you do get the audio to work witKodi on the 496PRO as soon as you get a stereo signal or go out of Kodi back to the "native" MyGica video player audio is gone - have to restart the 495PRO.

DO NOT get surround on die native Video player at all.

Do get 5.1 surround on the MX player - BUT AGAIN, as soon as the nest movie is stereo, AUDIO IS GONE - RESTART 495 Pro AGAIN.

NO WE DO NOT HAVE TO TRY THIS AND TRY THAT FOR SOMETHING TO WORK PROPERLY.

You put is on watch or listen to something and it works - PERIOD 

A year now - really!!!!!

On 2/5/2018 at 6:48 PM, MyGica Support said:

Hi Bucks,

Sorry but no. I don't see the point of having to go backwards. What are you planning on doing when Kodi 18 (Leia) is released? "Advise" we don't install? 

And for the record, i been having this problem since i bought the box which came preinstalled with Kodi 16. I religiously updated each time a new version was released with the hope the issue would be resolved - Didn't happen. 

On 2/5/2018 at 6:48 PM, MyGica Support said:

What I found concerning about this question, is that 1) either the engineers have no idea how to fix this and MyGica won't admit it, or 2) you're getting no feedback from the engineers and trying/hoping to find other ways of fixing.

Either way. Bad publicity and probably easier just to admit that it's a problem with the 1900, cut your losses and move on. Stringing customers along will prove more harmful in the long run.

On 2017/11/21 at 7:08 PM, MyGica Support said:

I assure you that this will not take long at this point.

Not far from being 6 months now....

On 3/30/2018 at 1:47 PM, kripstoe said:

Not far from being 6 months now....

The issue is with Amlogic, and we're working with them to try and resolve it

They sent us something, but it did not work

I have been following this every week for awhile now, but no resolution yet.

I will continue to push to try and get this resolved.

Will continue to keep everyone updated

On 1/7/2019 at 3:30 PM, lahouter said:

Has anyone heard if these issues have been resolved? Is the ATV1960 a better option? Anyone reported audio issues on it?

No lahouter - quite as a church mouse.....they hope everyone forget about it. And they do not specify which is a better option.

I still have problems even when going into Kodi to watch something, coming back out to the regular player, no sound at all....I have to restart the media player to get audio back again.