Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dwood

Is an Intermediate update required to read IMG updates

• I can't seem to download the update file for my ATV586 box. Two things. The version with a collection of files that you install to do a factory reset - that zip file is blocked by your cloud. Or its missing from the article. Second, the new Android version 5 comes as an IMG file that the ATV586 does not see AND if I attempt to load the IMG file into an image reader it tells me the file is corrupt.
    3:29 PM
  •  
    So... Can my non-updated ATA 586 version read the latest IMG files or do I have to do an intermediate update first?

4 minutes ago, dwood said:

• I can't seem to download the update file for my ATV586 box. Two things. The version with a collection of files that you install to do a factory reset - that zip file is blocked by your cloud. Or its missing from the article. Second, the new Android version 5 comes as an IMG file that the ATV586 does not see AND if I attempt to load the IMG file into an image reader it tells me the file is corrupt.
    3:29 PM
  •  
    So... Can my non-updated ATA 586 version read the latest IMG files or do I have to do an intermediate update first?

What update are you referring to?

Because there is no Android 5 files for the 586
So I am a bit confused.

Sorry for the confusion. My bad - ATV582 is what I have.  It was running KitKat.

And yet somehow I managed to eventually obtain update_MyGica_ATV1900AC_5.1_noNetflixHD_20160706.zip which is somewhat embarrassing now that I read the name of the file and have installed it into my ATV582. (Which by the way is not acting very happy beyond setup and displaying the home screen). (I thought I could do this while focused on another job - better stop doing that sort of thing) My turn to walk down the hall of shame to be flogged by the member community. 

So now I am at the point I am thinking I need to re-flash/re-install with the correct software -

Can you direct me to the latest download that is compatible with the ATV582?

On 4/3/2017 at 7:58 PM, dwood said:

Sorry for the confusion. My bad - ATV582 is what I have.  It was running KitKat.

And yet somehow I managed to eventually obtain update_MyGica_ATV1900AC_5.1_noNetflixHD_20160706.zip which is somewhat embarrassing now that I read the name of the file and have installed it into my ATV582. (Which by the way is not acting very happy beyond setup and displaying the home screen). (I thought I could do this while focused on another job - better stop doing that sort of thing) My turn to walk down the hall of shame to be flogged by the member community. 

So now I am at the point I am thinking I need to re-flash/re-install with the correct software -

Can you direct me to the latest download that is compatible with the ATV582?

Latest files are in our downloads section here

http://mygicasupport.com/index.php?/files/category/8-atv-582-atv-380/