Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bhuvi100x

Kodi Sorting

Kodi Sorting

Anyone can help o this

So, I add videos via FILES > Add > Windows SMB > and then I have like 25 different folders ( Eg., Horror, Mystery, Paul Newman, TV Movies, South Korean etc ) and they are from different sources - unsure how they are tagged ( in terms of genre )

So when I goto MOVIES, the sort by doesnt have FOLDER option, it shows all the movies in huge list

How can I sort via FOLDER? or do I have to tag them with a customer genre ( like Folder name ) and then sort like that?

there are few ways you can set it up,  the way I setup mine is while added the folders and you named it Movies, 2nd popup comes up to ( set content ), where your Kodi goes up to the internet and grabs all the metadata and updates your kodi with proper folder picture and info about actor and all, that way you will have a different section for your movies and that way you can select Gen and it will sort by name, date,  genre, and more.. 

2nd way is to set up each of those folder as itself, and do not setup set content that way you have every folder you have different names under Video / files.