Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bkwashby

Issue with Kodi 17.1

Issue with Kodi 17.1

Hey Justin

When I'm playing .mp4 videos off my hdd through kodi 17.1 the playback freezes randomly for about a minute then the audio starts back up but the video stays froze and I have to stop the whole video and start it again to fix it but it's only a temporary fix because it randomly freezes again. I have the latest update on my box the Mar 24th update to the Jan 30th FW release...and the vidoes are bluray quality so I know it's not the file because it plays fine on my computer. Any idea's if it's a setting or something you guys have to do with the FW?

2 hours ago, bindaredondat said:

can you tell us how you getting the video? via USB thumbdrive or External Hard drive?  

It's a usb hard drive. The videos play perfect on my 1800E which is running kodi 16.1 just since I got the 1900pro it does this. I've tried doing a fresh install of the latest FW, tried uninstalling the kodi that comes with the FW and manually reinstalling it. I can't downgrade my kodi now because the older versions don't support https so none of my addons would work anymore so I have to use kodi 17.1. Just another question, how come when I put the kodi install file on my sd card the box only sees the 32 bit version and not the 64 bit version? I thought this was a 64 bit box?

4 hours ago, bkwashby said:

It's a usb hard drive. The videos play perfect on my 1800E which is running kodi 16.1 just since I got the 1900pro it does this. I've tried doing a fresh install of the latest FW, tried uninstalling the kodi that comes with the FW and manually reinstalling it. I can't downgrade my kodi now because the older versions don't support https so none of my addons would work anymore so I have to use kodi 17.1. Just another question, how come when I put the kodi install file on my sd card the box only sees the 32 bit version and not the 64 bit version? I thought this was a 64 bit box?

Well I think I fixed my problem on my own. Changed the HDMI cable that goes from the box to my receiver and re-installed kodi 17.1 this time I got it off google play instead of putting it on a sd card and installing it that way. Haven't had a problem since I did those two things. Still wondering about the 32 bit/64 bit question? Also I have another question under another topic on here wondering about why when I have a hdd installed internally in the unit and two plugged into the usb's why the unit seems to can't figure what port to assign them too and reboots multiple times before figuring it out? Works fine since I took out the internal hdd but wondering if this is something that can be looked into in a FW upgrade perhaps?

Regarding the 32 bit question is that the OS is 32 bit despite the hardware supporting 64 bit, currently. We will look into this issue with multiple Hdd's being plugged in and causing issues.

19 hours ago, bkwashby said:

Well I think I fixed my problem on my own. Changed the HDMI cable that goes from the box to my receiver and re-installed kodi 17.1 this time I got it off google play instead of putting it on a sd card and installing it that way. Haven't had a problem since I did those two things. Still wondering about the 32 bit/64 bit question? Also I have another question under another topic on here wondering about why when I have a hdd installed internally in the unit and two plugged into the usb's why the unit seems to can't figure what port to assign them too and reboots multiple times before figuring it out? Works fine since I took out the internal hdd but wondering if this is something that can be looked into in a FW upgrade perhaps?

It is a 64bit chipset running a 32bit version of Android.

Amlogic our chipset supplier only provides their AOSP of Android 5.1 for this chipset in 32 Bit.
However the Kernel is 64 Bit.