Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlyByNight

WiFi 5 GHz ?

Do any of the current MyGica boxes support 5 GHz WiFi? If so which ones, if not then is it on the roadmap for new boxes?

FBN

Our ATV 1200 supports Dual Band Wifi.

I'm not able to get it to work on my ATV 1200. Installed inSSIDer and not seeing anything in the 5.0 GHz channel range, and I'm sending out from my WiFi on channel 40. I can see the channel on my PC using inSSIDer.

I'm not able to get it to work on my ATV 1200. Installed inSSIDer and not seeing anything in the 5.0 GHz channel range, and I'm sending out from my WiFi on channel 40. I can see the channel on my PC using inSSIDer.

Must use the pre installed app called " Wifi Analyzer" to turn on the 5.0GHZ Wifi

Justin, Just letting you know I wasn't successful getting the 5 GHz to work on my ATV1200. Is it possible that my version is older and doesn't support dual band WiFi? I purchased unit in June of 2013 if this is any help.....

FBN

Sorry but when I wrote this post I must not have read it properly.

It is our ATV 120 Stick that works with Dual Band.

The ATV 1200 is Single Band only.

Our only box version that has Dual band is the ATV 1800E 2015 Edition, or in other markets is called ATV 1800E Plus

That explains it.... However, you should check out your advertising for the ATV1200.

I got this from the main page of this web site:

MyGica ATV 1200 is the next generation of the amazing Powered by Android TV box. Your new, Smart TV is powered by an ARM CORTEX A9 X2 Dual Core CPU which will allow you to both wired and dual band wireless networking access, USB external hard disk, single hand keyboard and a mouse that is as easy to control as your remote is.

FBN