Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nadeem

Upgrading Firmware & Kodi 17 Fork

Upgrading Firmware & Kodi 17 Fork

Hi, hope everyone is well

i apologies for my ignorance in this matter as i am new to the world of android tv boxes and Kodi

i purchased my my Atv 582 (running android 4.4.2) last month and really  enjoy the product,  i bought it  primarily to use it for KOdi.

unfortunately today when i went into KODI i had a notification stating that "unfortunately due to HTTP servers, i need to upgrade to Kodi 17 if i wish to continue using the services", i tried to search the forums but unfortunately i was not able to find the answers i require.

1) do i have to update my firmware, if yes how do i go about doing this?

2)what is a Kodi fork and how do i go about installing it

Other issues: in the youtube app, i am not able to scroll down, is there a keyboard shortcut i can use?

your assistance in this matter will be highly appreciated

Thanking You

two things, 

#1, you need to upgrade to our version of Kodi 17, which is called MMC 17, and here is a video how to process the upgrade, 

#2, for youTube they changed settings made it work with Touchscreen, so you do need a air mouse remote, till you purchase one use a regular PC mouse that is USB hook up to the box and use. 

On 4/5/2017 at 4:45 PM, bindaredondat said:

two things, 

#1, you need to upgrade to our version of Kodi 17, which is called MMC 17, and here is a video how to process the upgrade, 

#2, for youTube they changed settings made it work with Touchscreen, so you do need a air mouse remote, till you purchase one use a regular PC mouse that is USB hook up to the box and use. 

As a mod, did you really just tell a forum member to watch the video without providing a link to a video or link to the APK?

2 hours ago, bladerunner82 said:

Where i can found the kodi 17 fork .....searching the Forum ...but cant found the apk ??

i understand it is a little hard to find the trends since alot of people are opening new posts looking for the link but here it is..

2 hours ago, bindaredondat said:

i understand it is a little hard to find the trends since alot of people are opening new posts looking for the link but here it is..

Ok thanks i will test it 

when will the kodi 17.1 fork be available to use on an atv 585?   hopefully, it will be an improvement on the 17.0 fork, which exhibits issues playing back live or recorded video?   also, is there a simple method to upgrade the firmware in this box to make it compatible with the real 17.1 and subsequent versions?

Either remove CleanTalk from the forum website or post links differently.

Any links posted in a message is hidden as IPS spam by Cleantalk thus not visible.

Thanks.

On 08/04/2017 at 6:05 PM, regalsin said:

when will the kodi 17.1 fork be available to use on an atv 585?   hopefully, it will be an improvement on the 17.0 fork, which exhibits issues playing back live or recorded video?   also, is there a simple method to upgrade the firmware in this box to make it compatible with the real 17.1 and subsequent versions?

here is the link for Kodi 17.0  

and the blank out the issue was, due to kodi using only OS 5.0 Video Codecs, it has had to be fixed and need some sort of video codecs inside of Kodi 17 to fix it they had to bring a patch and name it Kodi 17.1 and that brought another issue with boxes that are running Rockchip. 

for our side, we are good with Kodi 17 meantime and we are almost done our Kodi 17.1 and hopefully will be launch soon so you could have access to it. 

5 hours ago, spottedcat said:

Either remove CleanTalk from the forum website or post links differently.

Any links posted in a message is hidden as IPS spam by Cleantalk thus not visible.

Thanks.

Hi spottedcat, I am copy and pasting your post to our webmaster to  fix this issue, asap.

On 4/10/2017 at 4:40 PM, bindaredondat said:

here is the link for Kodi 17.0  

and the blank out the issue was, due to kodi using only OS 5.0 Video Codecs, it has had to be fixed and need some sort of video codecs inside of Kodi 17 to fix it they had to bring a patch and name it Kodi 17.1 and that brought another issue with boxes that are running Rockchip. 

for our side, we are good with Kodi 17 meantime and we are almost done our Kodi 17.1 and hopefully will be launch soon so you could have access to it. 

Hi

Is Kodi 17.1 ready yet perhaps?

We have Android 5.1 now for ATV 582/380
Will allow you to use KODI 17.3 with it, as it comes pre installed.

Can be found here

7 hours ago, Justin said:

We have Android 5.1 now for ATV 582/380
Will allow you to use KODI 17.3 with it, as it comes pre installed.

Can be found here

That's great - downloaded and on my to do - likely the weekend though when I have time to play with it.

@justin - have you tested the FW on a 582 much? Performance as good as kit kat (I read that initial boot up is slow but that's not a huge deal :) )

18 hours ago, jpmccarthy said:

That's great - downloaded and on my to do - likely the weekend though when I have time to play with it.

@justin - have you tested the FW on a 582 much? Performance as good as kit kat (I read that initial boot up is slow but that's not a huge deal :) )

About 582

Performance overall is good, just slow on initial bootup so far from what I have seen.

On 6/19/2017 at 9:05 PM, jpmccarthy said:

Justin - I've obviously done something wrong and I need to trouble you for assistance.

I clicked on both the links and both of the IMG files downloaded - I could see them in the downloads but not open them.  When I went into Upgrade the Local upgrade couldn't see them.  What step am I missing?

Thanks so much

Upgraded last night. Fairly unusable. Slow to respond to the mouse, programs would close frequently. Going to look at it again tonight, but may go back to kit kat to get stability and use the mygica media center.

Also I didn't have root (couldn't install Titanium), is  that by design?  

On 6/22/2017 at 9:03 AM, DarrenC said:

Justin - I've obviously done something wrong and I need to trouble you for assistance.

I clicked on both the links and both of the IMG files downloaded - I could see them in the downloads but not open them.  When I went into Upgrade the Local upgrade couldn't see them.  What step am I missing?

Thanks so much

Press the 3 lined menu button on the remote button 10+ times when you try to install them in Local Update

They will appear after.

6 hours ago, jpmccarthy said:

Upgraded last night. Fairly unusable. Slow to respond to the mouse, programs would close frequently. Going to look at it again tonight, but may go back to kit kat to get stability and use the mygica media center.

Also I didn't have root (couldn't install Titanium), is  that by design?  

This comes unrooted.

We will have a root patch

Also did you install the On demand Patch?
Because I have been using a 582 at my desk for a week now with this, and it works fine. Just slow at startup

Hey Justin - yes - installed both img files. Was really frustrating to work with, but maybe I will reflash and give it another go this evening. 

1 minute ago, jpmccarthy said:

Hey Justin - yes - installed both img files. Was really frustrating to work with, but maybe I will reflash and give it another go this evening. 

I pm'd you a couple of links