Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ybrik

reinstall kodi 16.1

reinstall kodi 16.1

Hello, my ATV1900 pro came with kodi 16.1 but after I ugraded it on googleplay, it went to 17.1.

I uninstalled 17.  Now how do I install back 16.1?

10 hours ago, ybrik said:

reinstall kodi 16.1

Hello, my ATV1900 pro came with kodi 16.1 but after I ugraded it on googleplay, it went to 17.1.

I uninstalled 17.  Now how do I install back 16.1?

Click this link http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/old/kodi-16.1-Jarvis-armeabi-v7a.apk
when it's done downloading put it on an sd card, put the sd card in your box and use the app installer app to install it.

Is install via USB an option, as I don't have an SD card?

And also I plan just to keep a back up of the factory file, is the factory file only installed via SD?  There's a comment post on the 1900 factory file, a guy used a usb and unfortunately he resolved it using it but didn't share how he did it.

1 minute ago, ybrik said:

Is install via USB an option, as I don't have an SD card?

And also I plan just to keep a back up of the factory file, is the factory file only installed via SD?  There's a comment post on the 1900 factory file, a guy used a usb and unfortunately he resolved it using it but didn't share how he did it.

Ya you should be able to use a USB and the same method I described above.
I haven't tried the factory file with a USB on this box because my old box would only see the sd card in the recovery screen so I've just always used an sd card.

Here's another question, should I be able to download Kodi 16.1 directly on mygica's browser and go to downloads folder via file manager and install it?

43 minutes ago, ybrik said:

Here's another question, should I be able to download Kodi 16.1 directly on mygica's browser and go to downloads folder via file manager and install it?

I've never tried that. But give it a whirl and let me know if it works.

3 hours ago, ybrik said:

btw, is that a 32-bit or 64-bit? Have no idea which one to use on 1900 with ARM processor.

32 bit. the box is 64 bit but I was informed that the android OS is 32 bit so it won't recognize the 64 bit kodi

Thanks for the download link. Actually I went to kodi site and to older version but wasn't able to find 16.1

14 hours ago, ybrik said:

Thanks for the download link. Actually I went to kodi site and to older version but wasn't able to find 16.1

Why not? It's the same link as bkwashby gave in the second post in this thread.

kodi.tv/android guy half way down page 1/older posts (half way down that page)/arm/old/16.1 etc...

Not sure about the 32/64 bit question. It's an arm download, not windows...

On 4/7/2017 at 10:35 AM, bkwashby said:

I've never tried that. But give it a whirl and let me know if it works.

I was able to reinstall kodi 16.1 yesterday, but I just did it via usb as you had done.  Just don't want the install file on the download folder of the insternal storage of this 1900 PRO.

On 4/9/2017 at 0:01 PM, ybrik said:

I was able to reinstall kodi 16.1 yesterday, but I just did it via usb as you had done.  Just don't want the install file on the download folder of the insternal storage of this 1900 PRO.

Sorry but not sure what you mean by this?

If you go to Kodi.tv (the only place to get the official 16.1) it stays as a download from the website. 

Okay. I was thinking the download file will reside on mygica's download folder and it will run it from there.