Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jasonds

Updating Kodi to 17 on a ATV 582

Updating Kodi to 17 on a ATV 582

Hi Justin

I've tried reading the threads but I am a complete novice and was hoping you might be able to lay the situation out for me in simple terms.

I received a message on Kodi saying that I need to update to version 17, because the streams are not going to support my current version going forward.

So my understanding now is that unless I update to Krypon soon, I'm going to have spent a lot of money just to enjoy 2 weeks of video (I just got the box).

From what I read, I cant update Kodi, because of my android version that is loaded on the box. And I cant update the android version because it is not supported. Is this assumption correct?

What is the best way forward now? Do you have step by step instructions anywhere?

Thanks very much for the assistance!

Jason

There are many people waiting for the update and some very creative solutions around but I wouldnt look for an update for the ATV582 for Lollypop. There are actually atleast 2 versions of the ATV582 and one can be upgraded using the 1900AC upgrade file. If your box has the "b" designated chip then it wont work.

Kodi version 17 is not available from here. I would search "KODI DOWNLOAD" in Windows or "KODI" in Playstore for Android. 

18 hours ago, vesarious said:

There are many people waiting for the update and some very creative solutions around but I wouldnt look for an update for the ATV582 for Lollypop. There are actually atleast 2 versions of the ATV582 and one can be upgraded using the 1900AC upgrade file. If your box has the "b" designated chip then it wont work.

Kodi version 17 is not available from here. I would search "KODI DOWNLOAD" in Windows or "KODI" in Playstore for Android. 

ally atleast 2 versions of the ATV582 and one can be upgraded using the 1900AC upgrade file. If your box has the "b" designated chip then it wont work.

Where did you get this info? Because it is the first I am hearing of it.

Justin

Thank you for the Kodi 17 fork (the above link).  It took me a couple tries then I loaded it with an SD card.  What I ended up with was a mygica media centre where I have been able to download some add-ons of individual channels like Sundance and syfy.  I am not able to treat this media centre as if it is Kodi 17.  I can't pull in indigo. I can't access Exodus or SALTS.  Did I do something wrong or is this present state the full capability of my box now?  I would really like to access Exodus and SALTS.  Is there a way?

Wow, my apologies everyone.  I should have persevered before writing my previous post.  I uninstalled, then reinstalled and with the help of tvaddons.ag I maneuvered my way through.   I'm a major novice so it can be done.  Took me all night but it was worth it.  Good luck everyone.  And thank you Justin

On 4/15/2017 at 4:02 PM, allyb said:

Wow, my apologies everyone.  I should have persevered before writing my previous post.  I uninstalled, then reinstalled and with the help of tvaddons.ag I maneuvered my way through.   I'm a major novice so it can be done.  Took me all night but it was worth it.  Good luck everyone.  And thank you Justin

Glad to hear you got your unit working.

On 4/15/2017 at 10:02 PM, allyb said:

Then please share what and how you did it.

On 2017/04/15 at 7:53 PM, allyb said:

Justin

Thank you for the Kodi 17 fork (the above link).  It took me a couple tries then I loaded it with an SD card.  What I ended up with was a mygica media centre where I have been able to download some add-ons of individual channels like Sundance and syfy.  I am not able to treat this media centre as if it is Kodi 17.  I can't pull in indigo. I can't access Exodus or SALTS.  Did I do something wrong or is this present state the full capability of my box now?  I would really like to access Exodus and SALTS.  Is there a way?

allyb .... you can add any addon used by Kodi to the Media center. I have Exodus, Indigo, Phoenix, Sportsdevil, Zem, UK Turk and many more running.

Hi

After installing Kodi 17 (Mygica Media Centre) from the apk can I uninstall Kodi 16, and only keep Kodi 17 (Mygica Media Centre) on my ATV 582.

Thanks

Henry

3 hours ago, HenryJ said:

Hi

After installing Kodi 17 (Mygica Media Centre) from the apk can I uninstall Kodi 16, and only keep Kodi 17 (Mygica Media Centre) on my ATV 582.

Thanks

Henry

Depending on how you use it currently......

The Media Center does not currently playback or stream multi-channel audio streams, e.g. Dolby 5.1 and DTS. It does recognise it correctly but there is no audio output via passthrough to a Dolby or DTS capable receiver.  Most of the movies and series vie Exodus etc. do not have multi-channel audio streams, however if you have HD mkv or mp4 video with Dolby audio, one cannot use the Media Center for playback.

Also sport addons like Sportsdevil and Zem does not work very well, very limited working links .... although I think this has more to do with these addons than Media center as they have been problematic since the release of Kodi 17.1